Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Managed to acquire a single PVW15 the other day. However, this one will not be for my drinking pleasure. I'm very much excited to be giving it as a Christmas gift.
    You're a good man, Matt. Imagine that's going to your dad, who I'm sure will be overjoyed?
    Jim

Enthusiast

Went to a couple of stores yesterday to look for the good stuff, and no FR LE, Pappy or BTAC around. Picked up two standard ETL bottles at $26 each. I have a couple of store select ETL bottles, but wanted some backup of the standard release. Passed on plenty of EC21 north of $120, PHC Promise of Hope at $99, and a new 14-year old SB George Dickel for $70 at Shoppers Vineyard. I'll probably end up picking that up at some point, and I think they have a 9-year SB coming down the pike as well.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post
    Went to a couple of stores yesterday to look for the good stuff, and no FR LE, Pappy or BTAC around. Picked up two standard ETL bottles at $26 each. I have a couple of store select ETL bottles, but wanted some backup of the standard release.
    Likewise here but found nothing of any interest that I didn't already have or could not get any time I needed more. Count yourself lucky on that standard ETL at $26. I'm 'out of the loop' somewhat in terms of bourbon the first 3/4 of each year due to workload & schedule. So, I don't know what has happened around here in the last 10-12 months as far as ETL goes, but, last year about this time it was $24-29. Now I can't find any less than $39 + tax. Maybe it's the BT shortages...or so the distributors & retailers in this state would like us to think. Anyhow, being in the state immediately south of KY means nothing any longer in terms of availability & price....but, maybe it's my 20/20 hindsight memory and it never did.
    Last edited by Old Lamplighter; 11-10-2013 at 12:11.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Managed to acquire a single PVW15 the other day. However, this one will not be for my drinking pleasure. I'm very much excited to be giving it as a Christmas gift.
    Good on ya Matt but you really shouldn't have. :P

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    Likewise here but found nothing of any interest that I didn't already have or could not get any time I needed more. Count yourself lucky on that standard ETL at $26. I'm 'out of the loop' somewhat in terms of bourbon the first 3/4 of each year due to workload & schedule. So, I don't know what has happened around here in the last 10-12 months as far as ETL goes, but, last year about this time it was $24-29. Now I can't find any less than $39 + tax. Maybe it's the BT shortages...or so the distributors & retailers in this state would like us to think. Anyhow, being in the state immediately south of KY means nothing any longer in terms of availability & price....but, maybe it's my 20/20 hindsight memory and it never did.
    i saw a whole shelf full of ETL today, $30 a 750, in central louisville. honestly, ive never tried it, even though its one of my friends' favorites. if youre in louisville and wanna know where it is, PM me....i hear its getting hard to find

Guru

You should try it, fox. Know it doesn't fit your profile but it is just such a tremendous off the shelf pour.

Advanced Taster

ETL is such an easy drinker. Nothing mind blowing in my opinion, just exactly what bourbon should be. I just bought my first bottle of it, and Im glad I did

Enthusiast

Went to Knoxville for the Auburn football game and hit up a couple stores to hunt, came away with...

4 Parker Heritage "Promise of Hope"
    2 EH Taylor 135.4 barrel strength
    1 GTS 13
    1 WLW 13
    1 THH 13
    2 Angel envy Rye

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    You should try it, fox. Know it doesn't fit your profile but it is just such a tremendous off the shelf pour.
    I second this wholeheartedly. I don't know why I dragged my feet by not trying this for a long time. It's a terrific, terrific pour, even at 90 proofs

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    You're a good man, Matt. Imagine that's going to your dad, who I'm sure will be overjoyed?
    My brother and his wife, actually. I plan on getting them a set of Glencairn's to give with the bottle.

Got my dad taken care of earlier in the year with respect to PVW.

I wish I could hook up all family members who ask me about VW stuff. Sadly it's just not possible these days. If only I had known what the stuff was 4 years ago when it sat on the shelf...

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Good on ya Matt but you really shouldn't have. :P