Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1489
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

On my way to the office to do a little catch up this morning, and I drove by one of my haunts - it looked like it might be open, and sure enough the front door said they open at 9:00. I was the first one in there at about a minute after that, which I'm sure made me look like a real frickin' alcoholic. Certainly didn't need anything, but the owner sold me a bunch of VW products at roughly MSRP this year, so I like to keep my face recognizable and my patronage at "yeah, this guy is a good customer" levels.

Asked him if he had anything new, and he was just pulling a couple bottles of Stagg, Jr. out of a box. Of course, I had just bought a bottle out of state a couple of weeks ago and schlepped it back in my luggage as I'd never seen it on the shelves around here. But what the hey, I grabbed another one since he seemed so pleased to have it in stock, and a Rowan's Creek to replace the one I polished off a month or so ago. Just increasing the bunker stock.

Guru

Increasing stock is always the prudent course.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Increasing stock is always the prudent course.
    It's not likely to go bad, and it's not likely to get any cheaper. As long as one has the money and the storage space, what's the downside?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santana View Post
    It's not likely to go bad, and it's not likely to get any cheaper. As long as one has the money and the storage space, what's the downside?
    Hell of an expensive puddle if you ever have an earthquake

Seriously though, i've just outgrown my built in shelves (they're not really the optimal height for most bottles anyways), so i figure i better add storage before product.

Advanced Taster

Saturday Surprise PVW 15 , VWSR12, VWSR10, GTS, and 2 FRSbarrel. I had asked for FRSB 125th, but the clerk didn't know the difference. He did get and save me all the rest so I didn't say a word. I just paid the total and thanked him. The FR was $5.00 more then VWSR10

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    Seriously though, i've just outgrown my built in shelves (they're not really the optimal height for most bottles anyways), so i figure i better add storage before product.
    I'd take the wife to dinner before I started building.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Virtuoso

FR LESB '13, and some store picks of Eagle Rare and McKenna BIB.

Some good variety at a whisky sale at Westport today in Louisville....hope they adjust the approach in the future. Letting 50+ people in at once was civil, but mostly grab/move/buy and gave no time to think about your purchase. it'd say within 5 min 100+ bottles of everything they had was gone.
    I ended up getting a bottle of Elmer T. Lee, Eagle Rare barrel #162 and a John J. Bowman from Westport. The latter was iffy because of the price and I am not as familiar with it. My son asked if I wanted him to pick it up. I thought why not? I also got a Larceny from Liquor Barn.

Thanks for the heads up, G! I have never been to Westport but will put it on my must stop list when passing through Louisville.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    I ended up getting a bottle of Elmer T. Lee, Eagle Rare barrel #162 and a John J. Bowman from Westport. The latter was iffy because of the price and I am not as familiar with it. My son asked if I wanted him to pick it up. I thought why not? I also got a Larceny from Liquor Barn.

Thanks for the heads up, G! I have never been to Westport but will put it on my must stop list when passing through Louisville.
    Glad to help Mike. Still amazed how fast everything disappeared. It's a great stop for not just selection but a very knowledgable staff. Liquor Barn clearly stocks more of everything but can be a coin toss when you ask for help.

Virtuoso

Glad to help Mike. Still amazed how fast everything disappeared. It's a great stop for not just selection but a very knowledgable staff. Liquor Barn clearly stocks more of everything but can be a coin toss when you ask for help.
    I tried all three tonight...just an ounce or so of each. The ER is really good! I was tempted to have him pick up one of the other barrels (#22). He can get that next time. He really liked the store. They were very helpful. He just handed them my list.

Connoisseur

Stepdad gave me a 1977 Seagrams VO while I was at home for the holiday. The problem is I'd like to taste it against the current iteration but I don't want to buy the current stuff