Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    Decided to stop at TPS, since I was heading to the Cincy area to visit family. Surprised to see 2 AB Gingerbread finished sitting on the shelf. SOLD!!
    Damn! Was there today, should have driven faster

They certainly were cleaned out of the usual suspects in their locked cabinet. I assume the BTAC event caused that.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    Damn! Was there today, should have driven faster

They certainly were cleaned out of the usual suspects in their locked cabinet. I assume the BTAC event caused that.
    I was there about 11:15 this morning. The locked cabinet contained Baby Saz, Ritt, Forgiven. But the AB was sitting on the shelf with the other Bowmans, go figure
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Virtuoso

I was there about 11:15 this morning. The locked cabinet contained Baby Saz, Ritt, Forgiven. But the AB was sitting on the shelf with the other Bowmans, go figure
    So close! Maybe 11:40 when I rolled in. Though I scanned the regular shelves I'm certain I would have missed those out there anyways.

I should edit, they still had Saz, Ritt, etc...just not the 4R and Parker's I had seen my prior visit.

Disciple

I agree with Brian. This one sounds great. If it is not prying too much, just curious on the price? Please share tasting notes!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    Though I scanned the regular shelves I'm certain I would have missed those out there anyways.

I missed them them the 1st time I scanned the shelves. That's why I always look things over 3 times, its so easy to miss things. All the Bowman stuff come in the same bottle, and the labeling is nearly identical. It was on my 2nd look see that I saw Abraham

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    I agree with Brian. This one sounds great. If it is not prying too much, just curious on the price? Please share tasting notes!
    It was $70.95+tax..I will certainly post some tasting notes as soon as I crack it

Apprentice

Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 2003. I'm looking forward to giving this one a taste as soon as I finish my bottle of BT.

Connoisseur

I've been waiting patiently for the 4RSmBLE2013 to show up in MA... On a whim, I dropped by a store that has a mostly unexciting whiskey selection, but very nice owners running it. Very unexciting with the sole exception that I've bought Four Roses Mariage '09, SmBLE 2011 and SmBLE 2012 there when I haven't seen it on the shelf anywhere else around here.

I scanned the shelf for a minute, and somehow my brain wasn't registering things properly, because I didn't see the red neck label and 125 on the bottle front the first two times I looked through the shelf. Then... bingstein!! My brain got it!! Two SmBLE 2013's were in my hands and I headed straight to the register. I had a lovely conversation with one of the owners while she rang up my purchase, and urged them to carry more specialty whiskies, and headed home with my prize.
    Last edited by Kalessin; 10-27-2013 at 21:08.

Virtuoso

Found a bottle of EC18 last night. Hesitated initially at the $60 price tag, but eventually came to the conclusion that it's still a bargain compared to the 20 and 21 year versions so it came home with me. Also picked up a couple of ice sphere molds and intend to try them after work.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Connoisseur

I picked up a second bottle of PHC PoH and a Stagg Sr on Saturday thanks to "a little help from my friends."
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?