Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

They probably just didn't want to change the label. Sort of like an OWA with the old label that's really 8 or 9 years old. I'd go by the fact sheet.

Edit: The whiskey in the bottle can be older than the age stated on the label, but not younger.
    Last edited by smknjoe; 10-30-2013 at 23:08.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Enthusiast

Score! Last night I got an ORVW10, Lot B, Pappy 15 and Pappy 20. Not sure what MSRP is, but I suspect it was all priced there, or very close to it (i.e., more than I'd usually think of spending for a bottle, reasonable in today's world of bourbon given the product). Went home and cracked open the Lot B - ultimately this stuff is for drinking, right? - and thought it was terrific. It even brought a smile to my wife's face, not ordinarily a bourbon drinker, who declared it "smooth".

Novice

Single Oak Project and Old Forester Birthday

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santana View Post
    Score! Last night I got an ORVW10, Lot B, Pappy 15 and Pappy 20. Not sure what MSRP is, but I suspect it was all priced there, or very close to it (i.e., more than I'd usually think of spending for a bottle, reasonable in today's world of bourbon given the product). Went home and cracked open the Lot B - ultimately this stuff is for drinking, right? - and thought it was terrific. It even brought a smile to my wife's face, not ordinarily a bourbon drinker, who declared it "smooth".
    Mind me asking if all from one store? Imagine they'd be limiting per person...though happy for you!

Enthusiast

Yes, all one store. Was told awhile ago I was on the "Pappy list", with no real clarification of exactly what that meant. Owner didn't specify, I didn't ask, was just happy to be on the list. Got a call yesterday, from a worker guy, not the owner, but he said the owner told him to call me. I asked what was available, and it was everything but the 23 (I don't know if they had it, whether it was put aside for someone else, or what). I asked what the "rules" were, and the guy said I couldn't get more than one of any one item. Decided to leave work early just in case. Asked for one of each, he dug them out. I know he had at least one other Pappy 15, don't know what else beyond that. Had a nice little chat about bourbon, went on my merry way.

Advanced Taster

Scored a bottle of 2013 GTS and a bottle of WT Forgiven. I know Forgiven has not gotten much love on here, but I'm a big WT fan and figured what the hell.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santana View Post
    Yes, all one store. Was told awhile ago I was on the "Pappy list", with no real clarification of exactly what that meant. Owner didn't specify, I didn't ask, was just happy to be on the list. Got a call yesterday, from a worker guy, not the owner, but he said the owner told him to call me. I asked what was available, and it was everything but the 23 (I don't know if they had it, whether it was put aside for someone else, or what). I asked what the "rules" were, and the guy said I couldn't get more than one of any one item. Decided to leave work early just in case. Asked for one of each, he dug them out. I know he had at least one other Pappy 15, don't know what else beyond that. Had a nice little chat about bourbon, went on my merry way.
    Damn then, well done! Hope the guy didn't get his butt chewed for giving away that many to one guy if he understood their rules wrong

Virtuoso

A basketball team of 2oz. players rolled into the office today. It'll be no trick and all treat for me tonight.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    A basketball team of 2oz. players rolled into the office today. It'll be no trick and all treat for me tonight.
    I must not be signing up for the right mailing lists. All i get is dog food samples.....

Virtuoso

Well that made up for it....

Bingstein!