Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    I've passed on several PHC 7 at $100, I wish I could find PHC 1 or PHC 4 at that price.
    Don't we all, I'm glad I bunkered a fair share of the PHC4, never got a PHC1, I tried to trade a PHC4 for a PHC1 a while back and the guy wanted 2 for 1, I passed.

Advanced Taster

I've passed so far a store has "Pappy Van Winkle Christmas Gift Pack has just been released. It includes Pappy(really ORVW) 10 year old, Eagle Rare Single Barrel, Buffalo Trace, & Corner Creek Reserve. Gift Pack price $200. Very Limited Quantities" except there's no Pappy in the package. Total Msrp retail is $125.96. To add insult to injury ERSB, BT, CCR are all on sale the next state over. So the bottle of ORVW 10 is $124.03 3 times the price not surprised just dissappointing

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post
    I passed on some ETL at the local grocery store. They had nine bottles out, pulled them all down and looked at the date codes, 3 from 2011, 3 from 2012, and 3 from 2013. Guess they aren't very popular here.
    Interesting. It has sold out just about everywhere or, when new stock comes in, it sells out quick.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by r60slash5 View Post
    I've passed so far a store has "Pappy Van Winkle Christmas Gift Pack has just been released. It includes Pappy(really ORVW) 10 year old, Eagle Rare Single Barrel, Buffalo Trace, & Corner Creek Reserve. Gift Pack price $200. Very Limited Quantities" except there's no Pappy in the package. Total Msrp retail is $125.96. To add insult to injury ERSB, BT, CCR are all on sale the next state over. So the bottle of ORVW 10 is $124.03 3 times the price not surprised just dissappointing

Ted
    This reminds me of the Beam Small Batch Set that includes Booker, Bakers, Knob and Basil. It was priced at $240. The bottles individually would retail for about $150. It did come in a nice wood box.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...25aLKyaZavPrvQ

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    This reminds me of the Beam Small Batch Set that includes Booker, Bakers, Knob and Basil. It was priced at $240. The bottles individually would retail for about $150. It did come in a nice wood box.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...25aLKyaZavPrvQ
    I saw that as well.

Most gift sets Ive seen have been the same price as a regular bottle itself, but come with two free tumbler glasses.

Why anyone would pay that for the Beam package, when all 4 of those are easily available individually for $100 less, I dont know. But, someone will do it.

Guru

On the way home I stopped to look for something and didnt find it, but I did notice most everything was on sale. Dickel 12 for $20, and HH Gold for $9, both a buck off normal price. plus a 10% discount if you buy 6 of anything. I may be back soon...

Advanced Taster

Visiting Idaho for work (the high was 10 deg F today) and passed on 3 bottles of ECBP batch 3 for $41 a piece. Still have half a bottle of batch 1, a whole bottle of batch 2 and a gift shop bottle. Had a friend help talk me out of it even though it was a good price.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Renegator View Post
    Visiting Idaho for work (the high was 10 deg F today) and passed on 3 bottles of ECBP batch 3 for $41 a piece. Still have half a bottle of batch 1, a whole bottle of batch 2 and a gift shop bottle. Had a friend help talk me out of it even though it was a good price.
    Can't say I would've passed at that price. I really like the stuff at/near MSRP.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by jwacky View Post
    Can't say I would've passed at that price. I really like the stuff at/near MSRP.
    Yeah, I was torn but with 3 bottles already at home and a full suitcase - I just couldn't do it.

Connoisseur

Gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully passing on it counts towards the ol' karma bank!