Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Taster

Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

Decided to pour a 50/50 blend of Willet Family Estate 4 yr and Laird's Apple Brady Bottled-in-Bond. Seemed a little crazy at the time, but I thought the flavors would complement each other quite well. And the verdict is... pretty damn good. The Laird's 100 pf does a nice job toning down the Willet' minty/eucalyptus and adds a nice fruity component. Laird's also adds a nice sweet and charred barrel influence to the blend as well.

Advanced Taster

Just made the first Old Fashioned of the holiday season with Rittenhouse rye...tasty!

Enthusiast

A generous SBer gave me a sample of HW16, having some tonight. I'm getting lots of spice up front with a lingering finish, very tasty! Thanks again for the sample .

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    What is the Batch #?
    The bottle that I bought was Batch 11, Bottle 1891. I don't know about the one that I left on the shelf or the other two that I saw today.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    The bottle that I bought was Batch 11, Bottle 1891. I don't know about the one that I left on the shelf or the other two that I saw today.
    The early batches were all NCF and had the sticker. I don't know when the switch to cf occurred. I have a 12 that is Canada and NCF and a 41 that is Canada but filtered.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Disciple

The early batches were all NCF and had the sticker. I don't know when the switch to cf occurred. I have a 12 that is Canada and NCF and a 41 that is Canada but filtered.
    I have never had the newer version. I opted for the NCF based on descriptions in the forum. It is good to know the cutoffs for filtering and Canadian. This is a great rye. I love it. Crown has a store select that I am told is closer to 13 years but it appears to be the newer version since it is not marked NCF and it doesn't indicate that it is Canadian. I am sure that I will buy one of those at some point just to compare.

I started out with some HH6Y but switched over to the Jeff10. Happy that I did!

Guru

I think batch 12 is the latest I've heard of that was NCF. Anyone have any higher batch numbers than that which are NCF? Mine didn't have a sticker, so not sure what the rhyme/reason for the stickers were - but it would be nice to know which batch # the NCFs ended with.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    I think batch 12 is the latest I've heard of that was NCF. Anyone have any higher batch numbers than that which are NCF? Mine didn't have a sticker, so not sure what the rhyme/reason for the stickers were - but it would be nice to know which batch # the NCFs ended with.
    Do you think the folks at Mclain & Kyne could or would tell us? If the cutoff is 12 then I should go back for the other bottle and also check the other two (which were labeled NCF) to see what their batch number is. Of course, this could all be overkill on my part since I might the filtered just as well. I won't know until I try it. I just know that the NCF is pretty darn good.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    Do you think the folks at Mclain & Kyne could or would tell us? If the cutoff is 12 then I should go back for the other bottle and also check the other two (which were labeled NCF) to see what their batch number is. Of course, this could all be overkill on my part since I might the filtered just as well. I won't know until I try it. I just know that the NCF is pretty darn good.
    Maybe but wouldn't count on it. They don't seem to want today much about what they bottle.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

A nice, heavy pour of Saz 18, perfectly suited to the day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you are all in fine spirits!