Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 711
  1. #291
    Taster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    57

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Decided to pour a 50/50 blend of Willet Family Estate 4 yr and Laird's Apple Brady Bottled-in-Bond. Seemed a little crazy at the time, but I thought the flavors would complement each other quite well. And the verdict is... pretty damn good. The Laird's 100 pf does a nice job toning down the Willet' minty/eucalyptus and adds a nice fruity component. Laird's also adds a nice sweet and charred barrel influence to the blend as well.

  2. #292
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    138

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Just made the first Old Fashioned of the holiday season with Rittenhouse rye...tasty!

  3. #293
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    447

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    A generous SBer gave me a sample of HW16, having some tonight. I'm getting lots of spice up front with a lingering finish, very tasty! Thanks again for the sample .

  4. #294
    Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,814

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    What is the Batch #?
    The bottle that I bought was Batch 11, Bottle 1891. I don't know about the one that I left on the shelf or the other two that I saw today.

  5. #295
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hoosier State
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    The bottle that I bought was Batch 11, Bottle 1891. I don't know about the one that I left on the shelf or the other two that I saw today.
    The early batches were all NCF and had the sticker. I don't know when the switch to cf occurred. I have a 12 that is Canada and NCF and a 41 that is Canada but filtered.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

  6. #296
    Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,814

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    The early batches were all NCF and had the sticker. I don't know when the switch to cf occurred. I have a 12 that is Canada and NCF and a 41 that is Canada but filtered.
    I have never had the newer version. I opted for the NCF based on descriptions in the forum. It is good to know the cutoffs for filtering and Canadian. This is a great rye. I love it. Crown has a store select that I am told is closer to 13 years but it appears to be the newer version since it is not marked NCF and it doesn't indicate that it is Canadian. I am sure that I will buy one of those at some point just to compare.

    I started out with some HH6Y but switched over to the Jeff10. Happy that I did!

  7. #297
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    The early batches were all NCF and had the sticker. I don't know when the switch to cf occurred. I have a 12 that is Canada and NCF and a 41 that is Canada but filtered.
    I think batch 12 is the latest I've heard of that was NCF. Anyone have any higher batch numbers than that which are NCF? Mine didn't have a sticker, so not sure what the rhyme/reason for the stickers were - but it would be nice to know which batch # the NCFs ended with.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

  8. #298
    Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,814

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    I think batch 12 is the latest I've heard of that was NCF. Anyone have any higher batch numbers than that which are NCF? Mine didn't have a sticker, so not sure what the rhyme/reason for the stickers were - but it would be nice to know which batch # the NCFs ended with.
    Do you think the folks at Mclain & Kyne could or would tell us? If the cutoff is 12 then I should go back for the other bottle and also check the other two (which were labeled NCF) to see what their batch number is. Of course, this could all be overkill on my part since I might the filtered just as well. I won't know until I try it. I just know that the NCF is pretty darn good.

  9. #299
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,890

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    Do you think the folks at Mclain & Kyne could or would tell us? If the cutoff is 12 then I should go back for the other bottle and also check the other two (which were labeled NCF) to see what their batch number is. Of course, this could all be overkill on my part since I might the filtered just as well. I won't know until I try it. I just know that the NCF is pretty darn good.
    Maybe but wouldn't count on it. They don't seem to want today much about what they bottle.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  10. #300
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    681

    Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

    A nice, heavy pour of Saz 18, perfectly suited to the day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you are all in fine spirits!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Wine Are You Drinking? - Winter 2013/2014
    By Clavius in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 18:50
  2. What Cocktail Are You Enjoying Fall/Winter 2013
    By Alphanumeric in forum Cocktails
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 17:36
  3. What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now - Fall 2013/Winter 2014
    By Virus_Of_Life in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 974
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 20:49
  4. What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013
    By Wryguy in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2446
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 09:14
  5. What wine are you drinking? Fall/Winter 2012
    By Clavius in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 23:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top