Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    Having a pour of THH 2013. This time I'm sure it's the 2013 vintage, no mistakes tonight!
    Cheers! ( message too short blah blah blah)
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Disciple

Just felt like being a bit different tonight, so AE Rye it is......... and I think I made the right choice.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Virtuoso

Only tasted the AE rye once-not shipped to Hoosierland, but wow-dessert in a glass. A real different animal.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Enthusiast

Thanks guys! Gotta make fun of ourselves from time to time, all in good humor . Cheers to you as well!

Virtuoso

Had a tiny, tiny sip of Hirsch 22 at the end of the work day. Very different from anything I've had and I found it difficult to describe with my existing palate vocabulary. Looking forward to revisiting in a few days.

Guru

Ritt BIB. i got it to further experiment with ryes, but i just dont see the popularity of this. for ryes, ive only tried Overholt and this, and neither seem to grab me in any way. actually the OO was downright undrinkable to me. Before i give up on straight ryes, you guys got a recomendable one in the sub $40 range? I see the Willett 4 yr rye everywhere, but with my history of ryes, i pass it up every time. is it worth trying?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    Before i give up on straight ryes, you guys got a recomendable one in the sub $40 range? I see the Willett 4 yr rye everywhere, but with my history of ryes, i pass it up every time. is it worth trying?
    Well I'll tell you this,it's got the proof you are seeking and the rye punch will bowl you over..... as for the profile that is something you'll have to decide for yourself.I think the Willett is the best value in the bang for your buck category as far as a high proof younger rye.I personally enjoy it,but I enjoy it neat as well as in manhattans so for me it is quite versatile.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Guru

What rye are you drinking Fall 2013

But Ritt is the most bourbony rye you're likely to find so if that ain't workin for ya...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    But Ritt is the most bourbony rye you're likely to find so if that ain't workin for ya...
    that it is. i dont know if i could pick it, as a straight rye, out of a lineup with high rye bourbons

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    Ritt BIB. i got it to further experiment with ryes, but i just dont see the popularity of this. for ryes, ive only tried Overholt and this, and neither seem to grab me in any way. actually the OO was downright undrinkable to me. Before i give up on straight ryes, you guys got a recomendable one in the sub $40 range? I see the Willett 4 yr rye everywhere, but with my history of ryes, i pass it up every time. is it worth trying?
    Beam OO is an abomination and if you are drinking Ritt BIB you may as well just pour a high rye bourbon so I dont' think you have even stepped a pinky toe in the the rye realm.. The Willett is one of those bottles that you will love or hate as it is such a big high proof rye and has a huge amount of rye spice..