Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 419
  1. #341
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    761

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    now that's a fair price! Nice score.
    The CEHT Rye is abundant around these parts, but the price tag is a little daunting so I have yet to pull the trigger. Is there any solid information (or fun gossipy speculation) about the mashbill of the CEHT rye? From the tasting notes I would believe that it is a different mashbill than what is used for Baby Saz and THH, or perhaps the same with extra age? I usually do a bit of research before pulling the trigger on a $70 bottle so this is important to me because my curiosity is killing me about this bottle.

    As always, sorry if this has been hashed out before. I am new to this part of SB.com (indeed, I did not know it existed until maybe 2 weeks ago). Thanks!

  2. #342
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hoosier State
    Posts
    1,311

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    The CEHT Rye is abundant around these parts, but the price tag is a little daunting so I have yet to pull the trigger. Is there any solid information (or fun gossipy speculation) about the mashbill of the CEHT rye? From the tasting notes I would believe that it is a different mashbill than what is used for Baby Saz and THH, or perhaps the same with extra age? I usually do a bit of research before pulling the trigger on a $70 bottle so this is important to me because my curiosity is killing me about this bottle.

    As always, sorry if this has been hashed out before. I am new to this part of SB.com (indeed, I did not know it existed until maybe 2 weeks ago). Thanks!
    There are a couple of threads around on the BT rye mashbills, but the Cliff's Notes version is that yes the Taylor rye is its own mashbill separate and distinct from the Baby Saz/THH. I haven't opened mine yet, but the reports are very favorable. Most reviews (check SKU's) put it near the top of the Taylor releases.

    Edit: I would likely pad the bunker with another at $70. Like I said upthread it's $89.99 or $99.99 around here now and that's too salty for me.
    Last edited by Old Dusty; 02-05-2014 at 06:35.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

  3. #343
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Commonwealth of KY
    Posts
    3,182

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    I'm sure you can find it at a local bar to try before you buy, bing. Liquor Barn may even have it in their tasting cabinet, dunno.

  4. #344
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    761

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    I'm sure you can find it at a local bar to try before you buy, bing. Liquor Barn may even have it in their tasting cabinet, dunno.
    I always forget the LB tasting bar (until it is too late). I might try to seek it out at a local bar assuming they aren't charging an arm and a leg, as they are often apt to do.

  5. #345
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Commonwealth of KY
    Posts
    3,182

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Arcadium used to have it at a reasonable price.

  6. #346
    Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SF/Chicago
    Posts
    19

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    6 bottles of Willett 4 year at $35 each. I could not resist.

    Not looking forward to explaining why I have 10 bottles of it stashed in the closet.

  7. #347
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    131

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Just grabbed a 2013 Thomas H Handy for $79. Cant wait, my 2012 is almost gone and it was amazing.

  8. #348
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Commonwealth of Bourbon
    Posts
    993

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    I always forget the LB tasting bar (until it is too late). I might try to seek it out at a local bar assuming they aren't charging an arm and a leg, as they are often apt to do.
    If you can't find a taste at LB let me know (I've got one just opened) and I can hook you up.

  9. #349
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    761

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    If you can't find a taste at LB let me know (I've got one just opened) and I can hook you up.
    I appreciate it. I've got plenty open to share, too. We can make an evening of it.

  10. #350
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temple, TX
    Posts
    112

    Re: What rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter '13

    Went looking for a bottle of SA Old Scout and when I couldn't get it came home with a SA Rye. Haven't had it. Disappointed and excited at the same time.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2010/11
    By hectic1 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 514
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 08:21
  2. What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 09/10
    By spun_cookie in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 18:12
  3. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09
    By shoshani in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 06:54
  4. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08
    By OscarV in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 352
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 17:50
  5. What bourbon did you purchase today? (Fall '07)
    By mgilbertva in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 443
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 17:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top