Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Kilkerran WIP #5 bourbon

I am thinking about splurging a bit and taking a break from bourbon and getting Kilkerran WIP #5 Bourbon Wood. I had #3 a few years ago and loved it. Has anyone had #5 yet?

Virtuoso

Re: Kilkerran WIP #5 bourbon

Creamy, supple mouthfeel, slight Spingbankian oil smoke, a bit of a spirity punch/spice. It tastes a little young to me, but the mouthfeel makes up for that. I actually prefer the Sherry Wood: the young notes are muffled by darker pepper and berry notes. The SW is more bitter on the finish, though, so if you want something a little sweeter and more naked, the BW's your guy.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Connoisseur

Re: Kilkerran WIP #5 bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWF View Post
    Creamy, supple mouthfeel, slight Spingbankian oil smoke, a bit of a spirity punch/spice. It tastes a little young to me, but the mouthfeel makes up for that. I actually prefer the Sherry Wood: the young notes are muffled by darker pepper and berry notes. The SW is more bitter on the finish, though, so if you want something a little sweeter and more naked, the BW's your guy.
    Thanks! Sounds like I would like either one!