Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Recently Joined from Tinley Park, IL

While there is a guy with a couple of horses on a farm near the train station, Tinley Park Illinois is to Kentucky as Walter White is to Innocent. I started drinking bourbon in College, usually the 101 Wild Turkey as the dollars to alcohol content was spot on. And Hunter Thompson drank Wild Turkey. I can remember a bourbon at college bars (SIU-Carbondale) called Belle of Kentucky. I think it was in a plastic bottle too. It replicates the drinking orange juice right after brushing your teeth sensation.

As I got older my bourbon choices became wiser. Like most people who love bourbon I have tried to chase down Pappy 15, 20, 23 over the years but with no success. Now that I am even older, I have become more wise and chase less and enjoy more. I love Blanton's, Angel's Envy is a thing of beauty, and really love my Buffalo Trace. Someday I hope to encounter the elusive Pappy, but there are so many good bourbons and so little time as it is I am content to drink what I want, when I want.

One thing I have to say is that there are so many knowledgeable people on this site it is an invaluable resource. After reading a number of posts I have a whole new list of bourbons to try. I recently read some postings on rye whiskey's and now rye has gone from my I wont touch it with a stick list to a must have. I fell in love with several rye's, and it was from posts on this site that I found Angel's Envy and it is surreal good. Thanks for a great site, and for the people who make it great.

Trippah and Admin

Re: Recently Joined from Tinley Park, IL

Welcome to SB! I really like your 'more stuff to try' attitude and I hope the site helps you with that journey.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Virtuoso

Good Day and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Disciple

Welcome and I too love your take on what to drink and when. Enjoy and look forward to more posts.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Welcome and I too love your take on what to drink and when. Enjoy and look forward to more posts.
    I second that thought! Drink what you like, and when you like to do it... and; I'll add: HOW you like it, too.
    I also second Tony's Welcome from (another) Michigander.

Disciple

Welcome to the board, and have fun!

Enthusiast

Welcome from downstate near Springfield. Sure an jealous of your proximity to a Binny's compared to mine.