Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Party Source Shipping

Glad I completed my big "re-stocking" order with them last month. Guess I shouldn't be surprised but it still hurts because I was looking forward to TPS's $15 flat shipping for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dementedavenger View Post
    Glad I completed my big "re-stocking" order with them last month. Guess I shouldn't be surprised but it still hurts because I was looking forward to TPS's $15 flat shipping for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
    $15 flat shipping would be nice. It's a bummer they are no longer shipping, I had not even known about them until recently.
    Last edited by MtnDew; 09-30-2013 at 09:53.

Connoisseur

Website notice confirms that they had to comply with an order from KSABC. I'm sure they didn't have any choice.

Regrettably, we must inform you that effective immediately we are no longer shipping alcohol in any form by agreed order with the Kentucky State Alcoholic Beverage Control. Customers will still have the ability to order online for in-store pick up.

Connoisseur

I bet they got told to stop because the Feds thought their shipping prices were too high.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WAINWRIGHT View Post
    It is pretty amazing it lasted as long as it did as they were the only ones in KY that shipped period as far as I knew.TPS sent me a great many of things including quite a few of their PS bottles,I wonder what was the final straw that broke the camels back?
    And they were totally illegal the entire time. Governor appointed a new head of ABC a few months ago, and perhaps that is the reason something was finally done. Lots of other retailers took a look at what they were doing, and the general conclusion was "not legal." They are lucky to be allowed to keep their license.

Virtuoso

I think I did have an order delivered from them once, but I usually enjoy the day trip out to the store and just order for pickup or shop while I'm there. Maybe this will increase the likelihood of getting the occasional special bottle there since they always disappear so fast.

Novice

Hello StraightBourbon.com,
    Jay Erisman here, from The Party Source. I just wanted to add a few words to explain our cessation of shipping alcoholic beverages. Basically, it boils down to an interpretation of Kentucky law. We had one interpretation and the state had another. It's the kind of thing we could have fought, but might well not have won. In the end, it simply was not worth the risk to our larger business. We do not anticipate this situation reversing itself; perhaps the law will change someday.

To those many SB.com members who ordered shipments from us, we sincerely thank you for your business, and look forward to serving you in the future on an in-store basis. Our website and e-commerce will continue to function in full effect (and coming soon, we'll have an option to have items packed for shipping). You can still buy anything in the store online and pick the order up at the store, or designate someone else to pick up your order. We're happy to hold purchased items for you until you can fetch them. If your mother-in-law is someday visiting the distillery in our parking lot—hey, put in an order!

And we will continue to expand our range of Private Barrel bottlings and special projects within the Bourbon industry, from Kentucky and elsewhere, as part of our ongoing commitment to be the best Bourbon store we can be. We are, after all, Kentuckians: we still love Bourbon to death. We just can't ship it.

Cheers—
    Jay

Connoisseur

Jay, thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Enthusiast

Jay, thank you very much for taking the time to post and explain the situation. You've always, and will continue to be, a great friend and resource to us SB'ers.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

The fact that they mention an order from the ABC probably means a hefty fine too.

ABC orders are public record. I will see if I can dig it up.