Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Apprentice

Re: BOTM 10/13: Henry McKenna Single Barrel BIB

Had my first bottle about 6 months ago. I liked it...every once in awhile...and planned on getting another. Bought the second bottle about 3 months ago, but didn't open it for a few weeks. Finally opened it a couple of weeks ago...and the second bottle was astoundingly good. It was from Barrel 1521, 5/4/04, different than the first bottle. Thought it was too late to run back for more, so just thought I'd be blessed by the one I had. Went back yesterday and found they had 2 more bottles from that barrel. Nice!

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by gcsjr View Post
    Had my first bottle about 6 months ago. I liked it...every once in awhile...and planned on getting another. Bought the second bottle about 3 months ago, but didn't open it for a few weeks. Finally opened it a couple of weeks ago...and the second bottle was astoundingly good. It was from Barrel 1521, 5/4/04, different than the first bottle. Thought it was too late to run back for more, so just thought I'd be blessed by the one I had. Went back yesterday and found they had 2 more bottles from that barrel. Nice!
    I too picked up a bottle this past weekend on the recommendation of a buddy from 5/2004 barrel 1534. and i agree --very nice and $22. a real bargain of tasty value there. rich and spicy.
    George

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by gcsjr View Post
    I liked it...every once in awhile!
    That's my experience. Sometime I like it a lot. Sometimes I don't. And that's not different bottles but the same bottle on different days. Just for comparison, ETL is always good.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Advanced Taster

opened my bottle last night. damn good stuff! and for the price!!!! wow! still cant believe this is a sub $30 bottle of juice.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by typoerror View Post
    opened my bottle last night. damn good stuff! and for the price!!!! wow! still cant believe this is a sub $30 bottle of juice.
    One of my faves, as well; especially for relatively reasonable cheese. If you like 'em with some oak influence (I do), it's one of the best for the bux.