Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Medley Brothers Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    Really? All this says to me is "I have no argument but I really want to disagree with Chuck."
    No, that is my argument. How about this one. I've got a new bourbon and coke recipe: water, sugar, and an ounce of Isopropyl.
    "Sat down to my supper twas a bottle of red whiskey" -Dire Wolf

Enthusiast

Sooooo.....Has anyone actually sampled the Medley 12 and willing to share their impressions?
    Bourbon is sunshine held together by water....

Disciple

Haven't seen it yet but then again I've been too busy chasing the BTAC, OFBB, and the 4RLE's

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WsmataU View Post
    Sooooo.....Has anyone actually sampled the Medley 12 and willing to share their impressions?
    nope, that's why there's 7 pages of fighting here. Had anyone other than Chuck actually tasted it, there wouldn't be what to fight about.
    "Sat down to my supper twas a bottle of red whiskey" -Dire Wolf

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Kyjd75 View Post
    I saw this today at Eric's store in Elizabethtown. Was surprised as this is the first I have heard of it. I have been a fan of Wathens and the 12 yr "Old Medley" releases. IMHO both are quite good. Kind of dismissed this when I saw it but now think maybe I should give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    I love the Old Medley 12yo I have - I'll keep an eye out for this, esp. if there is a family relationship to the 12yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKLS View Post
    I really enjoy the Old Medley 12. Have yet to try the Wathen's and will keep an eye out for this as it appears CT is on the future release list (surprisingly).
    Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe View Post
    I tried the 12 y/o at Cork and Bottle in Covington. I did not like it well enough to buy it. YMMV.
    Joe
    In this thread alone... this internet thing isn't that hard, guys....
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Guru

I had the Medley 12 @ a bourbon event in my town and did not stand out to me - my palate was pretty fried by the time I got to it so YMMV.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by WsmataU View Post
    Had it a few weeks back. Solid pour. OK but nothing exceptional or even above average. IMO, not worth the price.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

The people who I think will want to know about the 12-year-old and the new Medley Brothers are the people who have enjoyed the single barrel through the years. If that hits your sweet spot, you might like the new ones.

Guru

As NDPs go I like the Medley family approach, everything is genuine down to the generations old family recipe which they openly discuss. I suspect they don't disclose their contract distiller because there is a good chance their brand will be compared to a comparable brand from that distiller.

I have been a customer of Medley and Walthen whiskys in years past but I won't buy this one at $25 (that's popular price?) per 750 because this is basic whisky. I can get a 1.75 of very good 4-6 year old 100 proof Bourbon for less than $25 all day long.
    Last edited by squire; 10-25-2013 at 14:54.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Enthusiast

I had the pleasure of participating in a local charity fundraiser in Elizabethtown last night, as the "bourbon guy/server" for a group of 100+ civic minded citizens, many of whom were bourbon enthusiasts. Bourbons served included 4R SmB LE 2013, PHC 7th, Eric's private 4R barrel selections (OBSF and OESF). . . . AND. . . Medley Bros and AAA 10 yr. Although naturally the high end stuff was consumed first, many wanted to try the Medley Bros and most liked it, including several serious bourbon drinkers. I would up serving almost 3 750s of the Medley Bros. Tried a taste myself and found it a little hot, but actually quite good, considering what it was. The 4R SmB 2013 was the star of the event, however, as it was clearly the favorite (until we ran out). PHC and the OBSF were a tie for second. But the response to the Medley Bros was both interesting and good.