Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hard Choice

Virtuoso

A Hard Choice

Really better to get what you think you would like most.

In some ways, the BTAC line should have one that you really like and one that you don't really care for.

Only when you are debating on 1st vs 2nd, then maybe see which one is harder to come by.

Only for me, I would likely be WLW first.

Disciple

Re: A Hard Choice

First off, forget Handy and ER17. Then you have to ask yourself, Rye, Rye-recipe, or Wheater. Only you can answer that. My answer to that question can change in the course of a day.

Enthusiast

Only reasonable way to answer this IMO is "if I were you..."

For me it's Saz18 every time.
    Definitely drink it...tonight -Sutton

Connoisseur

That is not a hard choice - pick one, get it done, move on.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    WLW or GTS. Can't go wrong either way.
    I'll second this. The best wheater or the best ryed recipe? Which will it be? Tick-tock, tick-tock...
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Virtuoso

Saz 18 - they'll be writing down the road how the new one ain't the old ... see "Pappy 15" ...
    Mark

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

This is a toughy. I can make legitimate cases for picking any of them.
    But, I'll go with Stagg as the "must get". For kicks, here's how I would rank them :

1. GTS. The King of all barrel proof whiskies.
    2. Saz 18. Once it's gone, it's gooooooone!
    3. WLW. I would go with THH here, but since BP wheatears don't grow on trees, I'll go with this.
    4. THH. Best BP rye going, and I love the profile. But, I figure since it hangs around so long, I have a decent chance to continue to pick it up after the RUSH is through. I could easily put this #2...
    5. ER 17. It's a shame that this fine whiskey finishes "last". Really, there is no "last" in this group. It has been the most elegant drinking, ultra-aged bourbon on the market for many years.

At the end of the day, if you have a chance to get any of them...Pounce.

STOP!!!!! Screw it!! Switch around #3and #4. THH is #3, WLW is #4...I like THH better than WLW. I'll continue to get my high proof wheater fix from OWA. I just like THH better.

STOP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Enough of this hard to find crap, Joey! I really like Handy more than the Saz. THH is #2, and Saz goes to #3!!! WLW, your 4!

But Handy, if you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    This is a toughy. I can make legitimate cases for picking any of them.
    But, I'll go with Stagg as the "must get". For kicks, here's how I would rank them :

1. GTS. The King of all barrel proof whiskies.
    2. Saz 18. Once it's gone, it's gooooooone!
    3. WLW. I would go with THH here, but since BP wheatears don't grow on trees, I'll go with this.
    4. THH. Best BP rye going, and I love the profile. But, I figure since it hangs around so long, I have a decent chance to continue to pick it up after the RUSH is through. I could easily put this #2...
    5. ER 17. It's a shame that this fine whiskey finishes "last". Really, there is no "last" in this group. It has been the most elegant drinking, ultra-aged bourbon on the market for many years.

At the end of the day, if you have a chance to get any of them...Pounce.

STOP!!!!! Screw it!! Switch around #3and #4. THH is #3, WLW is #4...I like THH better than WLW. I'll continue to get my high proof wheater fix from OWA. I just like THH better.

STOP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Enough of this hard to find crap, Joey! I really like Handy more than the Saz. THH is #2, and Saz goes to #3!!! WLW, your 4!

But Handy, if you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!!
    Haha, this one had me laughing out loud. As for my choices, Forget them all. Too hard to find and you likely won't get to enjoy another for at least a year. Save your money and go by. FR barrel proof private bottling from someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Not searching out any BTAC this year, but being the Weller whore that I am .......

If they were all in front of me and I had my pick, without hesitation it would be the WLW.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    If you like Booker's, KCSB, ECBP maybe try Stagg.

really? I cant help but wonder why you group bookers, kcsb, and ecbp together as being similar. As you know, bookers is my favorite, followed veeeeeeery closely by KCSB, and ECBP i thought was suitable only for reducing flooring urethane. Only in proof would I lump these together.