Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A Hard Choice

Taster

Re: A Hard Choice

I've got to join in the Saz 18 crowd here. I like Stagg and WLW but they're not an entirely different product from the other things that are available. I don't know where to go to even come close to a proxy for Saz 18. For any number of reasons, get the Saz.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by r60slash5 View Post
    Thanks for the input I was going with the WLW, but I got great news today. Only 1 bottle meant only 1 of each. Not a hard choice now! Very Happy about that.

Ted
    That's the best!

Throw us a picture of the line up and when you open one, let's us know which one and how you like it.

So is the choice now which to leave behind? I would just take the whole line. If I leave something behind, it's probably the THH.

Cheers, for you lucky few.

Advanced Taster

Ok which one of you from South Carolina sent their sister in to try any get BTAC today?! She went late, and to the wrong store. How do I know I called to check on mine being secure and The clerk asked me if I had a bother in South Carolina too. Weasel! Well I don't really blame you , but BTAC has come and gone 20 bottles in 4 stores. I tried gain a little extra myself, but it was long gone by 4pm when I get out to hunt.
    I see good web content, makes for poor whiskey hunting lesson learned.

Ted
    Last edited by r60slash5; 10-19-2013 at 16:58.
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

The "hatred" for THH is something I've yet to understand. It's not as scarce as the others, but certainly a worthy addition to any collection. That said, I'd take Weller then Stagg. Curious to try the Eagle Rare 17 (well, 19, really) this year.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joboyd View Post
    The "hatred" for THH is something I've yet to understand. It's not as scarce as the others, but certainly a worthy addition to any collection. That said, I'd take Weller then Stagg. Curious to try the Eagle Rare 17 (well, 19, really) this year.
    I don't hate it, I just don't think it's a good value. It's Saz Jr. at barrel strength at a much higher price even accounting for proof. On the other hand baby Saz is just about as hard to find as THH these days, so maybe I'll buy a bottle next time I see one.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I don't hate it, I just don't think it's a good value. It's Saz Jr. at barrel strength at a much higher price even accounting for proof. On the other hand baby Saz is just about as hard to find as THH these days, so maybe I'll buy a bottle next time I see one.
    Well, to be fair, WLW is just barrel proof Weller 12, right?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Well, to be fair, WLW is just barrel proof Weller 12, right?
    Love me some WLW. It's honey barrel then barrel proof weller 12-15. It's my first choice. Barrel proof wheaters are impossible to find elsewhere.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    Love me some WLW. It's honey barrel then barrel proof weller 12-15. It's my first choice. Barrel proof wheaters are impossible to find elsewhere.
    Funny, because I am underwhelmed by OWA & W12 and love WLW.

As I have some THH and WLW already, I would go with GTS or Saz18. I guess Stagg just because I generally prefer bourbon to rye.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by r60slash5 View Post
    Ok which one of you from South Carolina sent their sister in to try any get BTAC today?! She went late, and to the wrong store. How do I know I called to check on mine being secure and The clerk asked me if I had a bother in South Carolina too. Weasel! Well I don't really blame you , but BTAC has come and gone 20 bottles in 4 stores. I tried gain a little extra myself, but it was long gone by 4pm when I get out to hunt.
    I see good web content, makes for poor whiskey hunting lesson learned.

Ted
    Glad you made out ok (or at least I assume you still got what you expected). Keep in mind, far more people read these posts than actively engage. Even the members only sections mean thousands of folks have access.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theglobalguy View Post
    Glad you made out ok (or at least I assume you still got what you expected). Keep in mind, far more people read these posts than actively engage. Even the members only sections mean thousands of folks have access.
    Yep. That's why I hardly post any new release finds anymore, but I make sure to PM the local guys (or at least I try to.)
    Last edited by smknjoe; 10-20-2013 at 19:34.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.