Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

Re: Old Ezra 101, where have you gone????

remembering this thread, i grabbed one today. my wife and i were at the big box liquor store getting supplies for next weekends halloween party getting mostly wine and bags of nuts. i allowed myself one sub $20 bottle, and it was between Ezra 101, FC, or Charter 10. since the other two arent hard to find, i grabbed an OE101

Guru
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Enthusiast

To be fair, if I were them I'd definitely sh1t-can the OE101 and re-design and re-price the EBSB. Who knows what sort of contract or arrangement they have though for the juice in either bottle.

Its kind of amazing that to my palate the OE101 is twice the whiskey the EBSB is for almost half the price. I kind of feel like the OE101 is a good whiskey hiding on the bottom shelf, and the EBSB is a bit of a bottom shelfer with fancy clothes on (long-in-the-tooth-EC12). This is what I suggest when people don't know what an "over-oaked" whiskey tastes like. Then again the variability of "single barrel" may have something to do with this.

Guru

For me the SB Ezra has been pretty consistent but, yes, it's a bit overdressed for it's class.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by suntour View Post
    Its kind of amazing that to my palate the OE101 is twice the whiskey the EBSB is for almost half the price. I kind of feel like the OE101 is a good whiskey hiding on the bottom shelf, and the EBSB is a bit of a bottom shelfer with fancy clothes on (long-in-the-tooth-EC12). This is what I suggest when people don't know what an "over-oaked" whiskey tastes like. Then again the variability of "single barrel" may have something to do with this.

having finally tried EB12 recently, and actually liking OE101 enough to buy it now and then, i couldnt agree more with your assessment

Virtuoso

Bump ... found some OE 7/101 for $18.99 a couple of days ago while passing through Connecticut. First time I can recall seeing this in these parts, but I confess that I probably wasn't paying attention before.

If there is a way to tell, I'll look at them to see if I got some stuff a distributor scared out of a warehouse corner, but the label still says "aged 7 years".
    Mark

Guru

Still lots of the OE7/101 out here in WAS state
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

i see it at most all the big box stores, but nowhere else. usually $17ish. TPS still shows 16 in stock.
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Taster

I found some yesterday in MN. Picked one up.