Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Enthusiast

The best versions of BT's high rye mashbill

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    One showed up for my bunker too . Mr Fedex was kind to me today. No store label on it but it has the 15 yr sticker.
    Yep, that's the one--congrats. It was SV indeed, and it didn't reflect a specific store on the label. Being nearby SV, I had the honor of picking up literally their last bottle of this in-store some time ago. Have a little less than half a bottle left. Wish I had some in the bunker--great stuff.

Guru

Re: The best versions of BT's high rye mashbill

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post
    Wish I had some in the bunker--great stuff.
    My sentiments exactly.
    I'm not of big fan of ETL but a friend insisted that I get a bottle of this one-off 15yo.
    I tried it when it arrived and I immediately called SV for a case but alas they were sold out.
    ovh

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    Wait till you see what he's supposed to bring me tomorrow...
    It's gonna be a good Saturday, Compliance

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by humchan2k View Post
    It's gonna be a good Saturday, Compliance
    You're both real Richards...
    Insert TheNovaMan's signature here (___________)

Enthusiast

I'd love to see something like this. 10-15 YO at maybe 107 proof, something reminiscent of the old Ancient Age Barrel 107.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but I can dream. I emailed Mark Brown several years ago when BTAC took off, and he said there were no plans to release anything under BTAC with the higher rye mashbill. He didn't say why, but I have my suspicions that they can't. From what I understand, that mashbill is not BT's but belongs to Takara Shuzo, as does every brand associated with it. They can't just up and bottle a barrel strength (or any other new expression of) ETL, because Sazerac doesn't actually own that or any of the Age International brands.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by shoshani View Post
    I'd love to see something like this. 10-15 YO at maybe 107 proof, something reminiscent of the old Ancient Age Barrel 107.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but I can dream. I emailed Mark Brown several years ago when BTAC took off, and he said there were no plans to release anything under BTAC with the higher rye mashbill. He didn't say why, but I have my suspicions that they can't. From what I understand, that mashbill is not BT's but belongs to Takara Shuzo, as does every brand associated with it. They can't just up and bottle a barrel strength (or any other new expression of) ETL, because Sazerac doesn't actually own that or any of the Age International brands.
    I don't know if that is accurate. Basically what we are asking for is Blanton's Gold to be sold under the BTAC line labeled as ETL15. Other than slightly impacting the international market's ability to fill BG quotas, I don't see a real downside. In fact, it could improve sales overseas if it is seen as a "limited" quantity.
    Bourbon is sunshine held together by water....