Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

I have had a couple bottles of OGD86 and loved it. Meanwhile I am not at all a fan of BH.
    My number one desired bottle at the moment is OGDBIB, would love to get my hands on a bottle.

Enthusiast

My wife is Japanese. I've been there around five or six times. Never really seen anything other than Japanese whiskey (which is good). FWIW, it can be hard to find an imported beer in some areas. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bjbronwyn View Post
    Thanks Squire, I guess I'll have to try the OGD if it ever hits our shores. I really wanted to give it a go due to the overwhelming good reports by your good self and others, but BH just didn't work for me. Thanks for clearing it up. I needed to know that I can enjoy OGD and not like BH, hopefully I can!
    my experiences with BH and OGD are like what Squire said and many others on this board. You should give OGD a go. I enjoy the 86, BiB, and the 114. I found that there is a more significant difference going to 114 from the other 2 proof points but all enjoyable. Not sure if you all get the 200ml and 375ml sizes in the 86 and bib over there but those would be great to have to get to try instead of a whole bottle.
    - H

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    my experiences with BH and OGD are like what Squire said and many others on this board. You should give OGD a go. I enjoy the 86, BiB, and the 114. I found that there is a more significant difference going to 114 from the other 2 proof points but all enjoyable. Not sure if you all get the 200ml and 375ml sizes in the 86 and bib over there but those would be great to have to get to try instead of a whole bottle.
    Thanks hn4, unfortunately we get no OGD here at all, any sizes. If you'd like to help I'm sure there would be a few very grateful Aussie SBers!

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Nicks often have some version(s) of OGD in stock. Worth checking out if you are really keen to get a bottle.

Enthusiast

Thanks hn4, unfortunately we get no OGD here at all, any sizes. If you'd like to help I'm sure there would be a few very grateful Aussie SBers!
    +1,000,000

Mutually benefical trading? Unfortunately theres not much for us to offer. Vegemite? Kangaroo jerky?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    Nicks often have some version(s) of OGD in stock. Worth checking out if you are really keen to get a bottle.
    Havent seen it in a while, acland cellars had some 80proof recently, not sure if they still have it.

Guru

Bad behavior should not be rewarded, I would start a Save Grand Dad campaign and boycott Beam.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

I wish I could help. From my understanding of the law, I am not allowed to ship alcoholic beverages where I live. Is shipping from the UK an option for you guys? Thewhiskyexchange seems to have the 86 proof.
    - H

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I've seen it round the traps at independent stores - not the usual chains owned by Coles and Woollies. In fact, that's where my current bottle came from. Unfortunately that store closed down, so it's not good to anyone now. Maybe PM Neil (Lonemango) to see if he can still source it from his new store. You'd have to get it shipped from Brisbane, but that's got to be cheaper than shipping from OS.