I'm a fairly new bourbon drinker, and fairly new to quality alcohol in general. I developed a taste for scotch over the summer, and that led to an interest in bourbon as well... whiskey? whisky? Awww, I'll try it all. So anyways, I have access to a great selection of scotch, and my collection is getting very respectable... Bourbon, on the other hand, isn't quite so common here in Arizona, and even worse, Sam's won't ship to me. I can get my hands on the basics... Beam, Wild Turkey, Maker's, Blanton's and a few others I can't think of the names of at the moment. So far I've got the Knob Creek, Blanton's, and Booker's. I love all 3 of them, but I'm afraid after my next trip to the liquor store I'll be almost out of options here.

Stuff that I haven't found out here includes Buffalo Trace, ORVW anything, Stagg, Birthday Bourbon, and many others... I'm a pretty good customer at my local liquor store, and the owner knows me now, so I'd like to come up with a wish list of things for him to try and track down for me, and for the stuff he can't get (ORVW is apparently unavailable in this state for sure), I'll need to get a little more creative in tracking down. I dont mind spending a little more (or occasinally, a lot more) for a nice bottle, since I do go through it fairly slowly. Instead, I'm more interested in getting a solid collection with as large a varitey as possible. Quality is much more of a concern than quantity, but I dont want to end up with a few bottles so expensive I'm afraid to drink them. Pappy and Distiller's Masterpiece are on the list, I need to fill in the stuff I'll drink on a normal day first.

I've read a lot of threads on here in the last month or so, and seen a lot of discussion... but I'm not good with tasting descriptions, and even if I were, I don't really know exactly what I like. I know with my scotch and tequila, I really appreciate variety, and cant see myself drinking the same thing, or even similar things. So with that said, what are the SB.com top 10-15 bourbons, covering all price ranges, that I need to track down? I would prefer to stick to the premium bourbons, as opposed to getting something of lower quality just to have it. As I learned with scotch, I just dont drink the cheap stuff. And for the stuff I cant get locally, what's the best way to get my hands on it? Thanks in advance to everyone who can reply and help me out.

Steve