Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Virtuoso

Re: Jefferson's Support Act....

JPS 21 has nothing in common with JPS 18 beyond the three words in the name. It is a different recipe bourbon from, presumably, a different source.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    JPS 21 has nothing in common with JPS 18 beyond the three words in the name. It is a different recipe bourbon from, presumably, a different source.

Cheers big gun. They have a bottle of Batch30 JPs18 and a bottle of Batch13. I wish I knew more outside of my taste buds

Virtuoso

It's all anecdotal, but batch 13 is supposedly the demarcation for "good" and "less good" batches. Your taste buds are all you need to go on in the long run, but I know a little guidance is always welcome. I would suggest you get a batch 13 if you have the desire and availability, and skip the JPS 21.

It's all anecdotal, but batch 13 is supposedly the demarcation for "good" and "less good" batches. Your taste buds are all you need to go on in the long run, but I know a little guidance is always welcome. I would suggest you get a batch 13 if you have the desire and availability, and skip the JPS 21.
    Thanks pal. If ever you're across the pond...

Advanced Taster

Well, four, technically, if you read it as "one-eight".

Hey, some of us didn't make it to college, okay?

Virtuoso

Jeez, I have been out of pocket for awhile and am just now catching up. Didn't realize how much I missed these handbag fights. What fun!

Guru

The bottle of JPS 18 I have is Batch 13 and I can highly recommend it. That said it seems like there was some odd things going on with the batch numbers on these bottles. Some appeared to be hand written in red ink and then later some appeared that looked to be printed but used the same batch numbers. I don't think it was ever determined what the difference was, if any.

Then again Jefferson is generally not the most informative NDP with regard to their whiskey.

Some discussion of the batch number oddities in this thread.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum