Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Jefferson's Support Act....

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonGuy View Post
    Since they pulled Jefferson's 18 and now have Jefferson's 21, I would imagine it is the same whiskey, aged longer at double the price. I have purchased Jeffersons 17 and Jefferson's 18.
    I was hoping to taste Jefferson's 21 at NY WhiskeyFest. But they said they did not bring any due to limited supply. I guess Jefferson's Reserve is not close enough?
    The 17 and 18 were just one-offs of some S-W wheated bourbon they came across. The reserve is their standard ryed recipe bourbon that is very easy to get in the US. The 21 year is new version they have released and it's not a wheater. It's hard to give WK a very accurate suggestion without knowing what is available to him in London (like Squire said.)

He said he's having trouble finding the standard Reserve.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Connoisseur

Since they pulled Jefferson's 18 and now have Jefferson's 21, I would imagine it is the same whiskey, aged longer at double the price. I have purchased Jeffersons 17 and Jefferson's 18.
    I was hoping to taste Jefferson's 21 at NY WhiskeyFest. But they said they did not bring any due to limited supply. I guess Jefferson's Reserve is not close enough?
    As Joe noted above, Jeff Reserve is a rye recipe bourbon. The 17s and 18s were wheaters.

The Jeff 21 is a rye recipe bourbon, definitely not a longer aged 17 or 18
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Guru

The Zoellers, like other NDPs, have to work with the product they can get. To their credit some of their choices have been well received but we should not expect consistency.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    WK was posting from London yesterday so presumably he resides in the United Kingdom. Once he tells us the brands available to him perhaps we can be of assistance.
    OK, stupid question, can US internet sites ship overseas? Sorry if that is a newbie question.

Guru

Of course they can, but there are restrictions on alcohol as being a hazardous, combustible substance.

Advanced Taster

So he would be limited by the amount he could order?

So he would be limited by the amount he could order?
    Hey! I'm in the room! I have a NAME!!! Ha. Found a site selling Jeffersons Reserve but think I'm going for the PH I found. Thanks!!

Guru

Good choice, go for it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    It's fun to reply to threads, even when you have absolutely no frame of reference. How much you hate Four Roses, how bland wheaters are, how all of us who are willing to spend more than $50 on a bottle of whiskey are wasting our money....

dude, why are you always up my ass? i wasnt aware that it was only you who was entitled to share their opinions on these forums. taste IS subjective...

all I said was that i didnt think it fair to compare a 6 year old to an 18 year old.....what does it matter that ive never had (or seen) jefferson 18 year?

geeez
    Last edited by 393foureyedfox; 11-10-2013 at 13:27.

Virtuoso

FEF, you seem like a passionate guy and you tend to post with passion as well. Nothing wrong with that except.....you stake out positions that many more experienced folks on the site know from years of tasting and sharing and buying are not supportable. For example tasting one expression of FR and declaring the brand worthless. I can tell you I am a huge wheater fan but if I only ever tasted Rebel Yell and declared all wheaters were garbage I would have really missed out. And folks on the site would have tried to set me straight. You can't make broad generalizations by proof/brand/style and declare the rest trash. Well you CAN, but your opinion won't carry much weight.

If you know what profile you like and what you want to spend on bourbon then more power to you. But I would urge you to have an open mind and benefit from the collective wisdom found on SB. In the long run you may find the box you have placed yourself in is larger than you think.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel