Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Redbreast 21?

  1. #11
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Since reading this thread last week, I've made it a point to ask about the 21. Nobody seems to know when it may be available in these parts. Looking on the bright side, one less to take away present dollars....for now.

  2. #12
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    948

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    I had a couple pours of the 21 last night. It is a very easy drinker. It had no discernible hotness and it was very light and fruity like some of the single pot still Irish can be. I got a lot of melon on the palate, it tasted like someone distilled a cantaloupe. A very nice dram.

  3. #13
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    521

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I had a couple pours of the 21 last night. It is a very easy drinker. It had no discernible hotness and it was very light and fruity like some of the single pot still Irish can be. I got a lot of melon on the palate, it tasted like someone distilled a cantaloupe. A very nice dram.
    But worth the asking price in your opinion?

  4. #14
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    948

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    But worth the asking price in your opinion?
    I do not know what the asking price will be in the US. This was a European bottling that clocked in around the $200 mark, and those always tend to be a bit higher. I would still buy one at that price though. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, some of my Scotch purchases have warped my perception of value.

    RB21.jpg
    Last edited by LostBottle; 11-27-2013 at 12:18.

  5. #15
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    521

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Ha, well, I'm in the same boat but not as far gone. I used to balk at spending more than $40 on a bottle of anything, now $100+ for something decent and I hardly bat an eye. I'm afraid that will only get worse with time...

    Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I do not know what the asking price will be in the US. This was a European bottling that clocked in around the $200 mark, and those always tend to be a bit higher. I would still buy one at that price though. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, some of my Scotch purchases have warped my perception of value.

    RB21.jpg

  6. #16
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    Ha, well, I'm in the same boat but not as far gone. I used to balk at spending more than $40 on a bottle of anything, now $100+ for something decent and I hardly bat an eye. I'm afraid that will only get worse with time...
    I am afraid you are right.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

  7. #17
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,492

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Good to hear it seems to be living up to expectation. No luck getting it from across the pond so far. Still hopeful it makes it to this side soon.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  8. #18
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,492

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    I see Redbreast 21 is now on the Hi-Time Wines website for a fairly painful $240. Not that it does me much good there even if I were willing to pay that since they won't ship to me.

    Going to have to hope it will be elsewhere soon and not so spendy. Was hoping for under $200.

    Might be hoping in vain.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  9. #19
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Here's what you gotta do. Buy a couple bottles of the 12 year and consume tenaciously until the 12 looks like a 21.

    Then when you wake up, you can take comfort in the fact that you saved $150 or so.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

  10. #20
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,492

    Re: Redbreast 21?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    Here's what you gotta do. Buy a couple bottles of the 12 year and consume tenaciously until the 12 looks like a 21.

    Then when you wake up, you can take comfort in the fact that you saved $150 or so.
    Probably wouldn't take two bottles to make the 12 look like a 21!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Cask-Strength 12yr Redbreast Coming!
    By MacinJosh in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 12:17
  2. Anything better than redbreast for irish?
    By trumpstylz in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 20:22
  3. Pappy 15 vs. Redbreast 15
    By StraightNoChaser in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 13:15
  4. Redbreast 15 Irish!
    By ThomasH in forum Foreign Whiskey
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 15:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top