Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redbreast 21?

Virtuoso

Re: Redbreast 21?

Since reading this thread last week, I've made it a point to ask about the 21. Nobody seems to know when it may be available in these parts. Looking on the bright side, one less to take away present dollars....for now.

Connoisseur

I had a couple pours of the 21 last night. It is a very easy drinker. It had no discernible hotness and it was very light and fruity like some of the single pot still Irish can be. I got a lot of melon on the palate, it tasted like someone distilled a cantaloupe. A very nice dram.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I had a couple pours of the 21 last night. It is a very easy drinker. It had no discernible hotness and it was very light and fruity like some of the single pot still Irish can be. I got a lot of melon on the palate, it tasted like someone distilled a cantaloupe. A very nice dram.
    But worth the asking price in your opinion?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    But worth the asking price in your opinion?
    I do not know what the asking price will be in the US. This was a European bottling that clocked in around the $200 mark, and those always tend to be a bit higher. I would still buy one at that price though. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, some of my Scotch purchases have warped my perception of value.

RB21.jpg
    Last edited by LostBottle; 11-27-2013 at 12:18.

Connoisseur

Ha, well, I'm in the same boat but not as far gone. I used to balk at spending more than $40 on a bottle of anything, now $100+ for something decent and I hardly bat an eye. I'm afraid that will only get worse with time...

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    I do not know what the asking price will be in the US. This was a European bottling that clocked in around the $200 mark, and those always tend to be a bit higher. I would still buy one at that price though. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, some of my Scotch purchases have warped my perception of value.

RB21.jpg

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    Ha, well, I'm in the same boat but not as far gone. I used to balk at spending more than $40 on a bottle of anything, now $100+ for something decent and I hardly bat an eye. I'm afraid that will only get worse with time...
    I am afraid you are right.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Guru

Good to hear it seems to be living up to expectation. No luck getting it from across the pond so far. Still hopeful it makes it to this side soon.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

I see Redbreast 21 is now on the Hi-Time Wines website for a fairly painful $240. Not that it does me much good there even if I were willing to pay that since they won't ship to me.

Going to have to hope it will be elsewhere soon and not so spendy. Was hoping for under $200.

Might be hoping in vain.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Virtuoso

Here's what you gotta do. Buy a couple bottles of the 12 year and consume tenaciously until the 12 looks like a 21.

Then when you wake up, you can take comfort in the fact that you saved $150 or so.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    Here's what you gotta do. Buy a couple bottles of the 12 year and consume tenaciously until the 12 looks like a 21.

Then when you wake up, you can take comfort in the fact that you saved $150 or so.
    Probably wouldn't take two bottles to make the 12 look like a 21!