Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Redbreast 21?

Connoisseur

Re: Redbreast 21?

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I find the Powers Signature Release to be a nice compromise of price and quality. Not quite Johns Lane but it is clearly related!
    Mine is still sealed. I imagine that it will find its way open soon enough. As for the RB21, it would have to be about $100 cheaper for me to buy it. I really like Redbreast, but $240 is just too much for me.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Here are my thoughts for anyone that might be interested.

Color: Light yellow with a slight reddish hue.

Nose: Vanilla wafers and white icing. Very light and sweet. Pound cake notes lift from the glass combined with powdered donuts to create an elegant aroma. The ethanol is barely discernible on the nose. Lovely!

Palate: A sweet, soft, and creamy entry. Loads of sweet, candy, and dessert notes. Necco wafers, cotton candy, and I swear to God candy cigarettes! It's all front palate, white sugar. Mid-palate introduces candy hearts and smarties. This drinks like a damn candy store in a glass! Just incredible. There's even a black licorice note that creeps in which, while I don't particularly care for it, adds an additional layer to the dram.

Finish: Long and lasting sweetness. The finish lingers for quite some time. While the sweet notes dominate, a surprisingly dry note has made a presence, which is a bit disappointing.

Rating: What a delightful, tasty, sweet dram. This one has after dinner dessert written all over it. I'm not sure I've ever tasted a whiskey that resembled an assortment of different candies more than this one. I'm not crazy about the black licorice and the dry note on the finish was unfortunate but overall this is a splendid pour that would make a great end to a nice meal.

I'm scoring the Redbreast 21yr a 92.

A special thanks to John B. for sending a sample my way. While I really like this one, I'd take JPL over it in a heartbeat. I really dig that one.
    Josh

"The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didnít understand the question."

Enthusiast

I love the RB line,have tried all 3 -12,12CS,and the 15, I agree that the 15 although tasty,just didn't do me as the 12 & 12cs, I was out at the tbb cola site and came across that label last week,and then to my surprise I see this thread,I'm sure it will be quite costly,will I buy it? HMMM, not quite sure,but would love to taste it. Here's a thought that just occured to me right now, vat the 15 & the 12? oooh that could be something nice! But alas I am out of the 15.. damn.
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dSculptor View Post
    I love the RB line,have tried all 3 -12,12CS,and the 15, I agree that the 15 although tasty,just didn't do me as the 12 & 12cs, I was out at the tbb cola site and came across that label last week,and then to my surprise I see this thread,I'm sure it will be quite costly,will I buy it? HMMM, not quite sure,but would love to taste it. Here's a thought that just occured to me right now, vat the 15 & the 12? oooh that could be something nice! But alas I am out of the 15.. damn.
    I've thought that the 119.9 CS was a little hot...but what if I vat the regular 12 and the 12CS. You might be on to something here.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!