Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guru

REMY & Bruichladdich - Products no longer available in the US via KLWines New...

I'm most bummed that Octomore will no longer be available!

Remy’s corporatization of Bruichladdich is finally upon us – We’ve all been wondering when the Remy buyout of indy-darling Bruichladdich distillery was going to really show its true nature. That time is here. We heard from WineBow this week (Bruichladdich’s American importer for the last decade) and it appears that their contract has been terminated. Remy will be taking over the importation from this point on. That may not seem like bad news to many of you, but it’s another long relationship thrown aside in the name of higher profits.

Oh……and this might make you a bit upset as well:

-Bruichladdich Rocks and Port Charlotte Peat Project will be discontinued effective immediately (we bought every last bottle we could)
    -Bruichladdich “The Laddie” 10 year/PC 10 year will become allocated items and will take a price increase
    -Bruichladdich “Organic” (maybe my favorite selection from the distillery) will no longer be available in the U.S. – travel retail only
    -Bruichladdich “Octomore” will no longer be sold in the U.S. – duty free only.
    -Bruichladdich Botanist Gin will take a $10 price increase per bottle

Hooray for corporate takeovers! No more Rocks! No more Port Charlotte Peat Project! More expensive Laddie, PC10, and Botanist! And the two best whiskies they make will only be available outside of the United States! Whoopie!!

I wonder what Jim McEwan is thinking right now? Our old spirits buyer Susan Purnell is probably weeping somewhere.

That being said, what’s left is left. If you’re a fan of the Rocks or the Peat Project, start stocking up. We’re expecting the latest (and now last) drop of Octomore 6.1 Bere Barley to arrive shortly, so you might want to squirrel one of those away as well.
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 11-19-2013 at 12:20.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Re: REMY & Bruichladdich - Products no longer available in the US via KLWines New...

"I gotta get the chronic, the Bruichladdich and my soda pop."

Connoisseur

Re: REMY & Bruichladdich - Products no longer available in the US via KLWines New...

Well, I'm glad I bought bottles of Organic, Rocks, PC10 ("heavily peated") and the Peat Project a few months ago. However, once I open them I'm afraid I'll really like them and want more

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    I'm most bummed that Octomore will no longer be available!
    Octomore #2 - $132 OTD

s18.jpg
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Octomore #2 - $132 OTD

s18.jpg
    Oh man, my wife would love a bottle of that. We have only tried it once at a Seattle bar (Liberty) and it was quite tasty. I even enjoyed it and I can't stand the medicinal peated scotches (ie Laphroaig). She compared it to drinking a campfire... which seemed pretty apt. I may have to get a bottle before they become even more limited in availability.

Connoisseur

For all of you Laddie lovers, here's another picture with some prices. Basically take 5% off the price and that's the price out the door with this sale (15% off, but 10% MN liquor/sales tax). Sorry about the blurriness, but it was my phone and I was in a hurry. They have a PC7 that would be about $160 OTD too in the glass case. I'm here to help...

s7.jpgs9.jpgs23.jpg
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Virtuoso

Holy Hell, what a selection!

Enthusiast

Jeez - I'd better run to get another bottle of the 10yr...

Guru

Never hurts to have an extra.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Enthusiast

Anyone know if the Rocks is worth the purchase? Looks like the last time to try it is now!