Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Virtuoso

Re: REMY & Bruichladdich - Products no longer available in the US via KLWines New...

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    Mines the opposite, does not like tequila but loves whiskey, the peatier the better. Hence the request for the Octomore, that will be a birthday present for her
    It's threads like these that remind me to be thankful that Mrs. Brisko is fond of cheap Rieslings and not much else.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Connoisseur

Re: REMY & Bruichladdich - Products no longer available in the US via KLWines New...

Out on the hunt yesterday after work, I found a few of these I mentioned in "bought" thread yesterday. From what I could gather, Bruichladdich is not found very common in these parts. A couple of store owners said it was already considered a "near-allocated" product here. I see in this thread where there are larger inventories in other parts of the country. So, probably just a regional thing as TN I'm sure is not one of the 'hotter' markets for single malt in the U.S. Anyhow, I was motivated by the scarcity to buy what I found...maybe I'm just the kind of reactionary buyer the corporations enjoy motivating by their decisions.

Connoisseur

Any update here...new info? I've noticed Laddie 10s have been scarcer in my area. However, some of that is likely due to Christmas gift giving. I've been doing some online shopping...got of few of this and that.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Advanced Taster

The only news I've been able to find is here:

http://www.bruichladdich.com/news/wh...ail-exclusives

Reading between the lines, I think this clarifies a bit of the K&L post. My interpretation is that most of their cask strength and/or ACE whiskies are going away from normal retail. For instance, it appears as though the Octomore X.1 releases will still make it to the U.S., just not the ACE'd X.2 releases. It looks like the NORMAL Port Charlotte releases will continue to be available in the U.S., albeit at a higher price point (I think MD has seen that prince increase already . . . 8 months ago Port Charlotte The Peat Project was $45, now it's $55-$65). If anyone in the DC/VA/MD area is really worried about losing access to Bruichladdich, PM me, as I know where several of the releases have been languishing on shelves for a year or more. Specifically PC7, 10 (non cask strength release), a couple of the Black Arts releases, and 1973. I also know where there is a lonely bottle of Octomore 2.2 sitting around, but I think it's going home with me tomorrow. That or the 6.1. I think I actually have seen some IBs of Bruichladdich laying around, too.

I personally have mixed feelings about Bruichladdich, as their Port Charlotte expressions haven't done it for me the way Ardbeg 10, Laphroaig 10 and CS, and Lagavulin 12/16 do. I've had Octomore 4.1 and 5.1, and really enjoyed them both. I haven't had a chance to sample their regular lineup yet. Maybe I will pick up a bottle or two of their unpeated lineup so I can compare it to the 1973 release my wife got me for my birthday this year.
    Last edited by garbanzobean; 01-11-2014 at 06:42.