Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Connoisseur

Re: Thanksgiving bourbon/rye

Thanks, WhiskyRI. We are TPS customers but I have never paid much attention to their minis selection. McScrooge's, on the other hand, had literally barrels of minis. It's probably a matter of store displays. Happy Holidays.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Disciple

I took a wide array for our latest T-day gathering tonight,mostly a wine crowd mind you.My offering were EC12,ECBP,Stagg Jr.,Sr.,Old Forester BIB and OFBB'13 the high proofers really scared most of them off and the masses actually flocked towards the OF BIB.This proves absolutely nothing but I figured I'd share anyway.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    I'm collecting bourbon minis for his Advent calendar, hoping to find two dozen different minis.

THAT is a gift every one on here would LOVE to get!

I'm gonna have to look into that yet. I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, and marketed....at least by the big guys who have enough varieties to do it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    THAT is a gift every one on here would LOVE to get!

I'm gonna have to look into that yet. I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, and marketed....at least by the big guys who have enough varieties to do it.

edit.......looking into this, someone does make one (http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies...alendar/?srh=1), but it's scotch, and damned pricey. I'd like to make one of these next year for a good friend who likes his bourbon. Maybe string them along like x-mas lights, with each one wrapped in wrapping paper, like a little gift, so you don't know what you're getting til you open it each day. This is a gift I'd love to receive. good idea, flyfish!

Disciple

I think that getting some sample bottles and pouring your own Advent calendar is the way to go. Many more options for whiskeys that way than buying 50ml bottles.
    Jim

Guru

i agree. the issue may be in finding an advent calendar that will hold 24 50ml bottles in it.

Connoisseur

The "calendar" need not be an actual calendar. Two dozen bottles each with a numbered neck tag for the date to open would suffice and provide a lot more flexibility. WhiskyRI had a good idea about rebottling as a way to present bourbons not readily available in minis. If push came to shove, my son in law would be quite content with 24 little bottles of Booker's.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfish View Post
    If push came to shove, my son in law would be quite content with 24 little bottles of Booker's.

i first read that as "24 liter bottles of Booker's", and thought, "Who the hell wouldn't!?". If anyone wants to give me a 24 liter calendar of Booker's, PM me for my mailing address....

you and your son-in-law both love Booker's? I bet that makes some nice family get-togethers!

Advanced Taster

Booker's already comes in a mini - as does Knob Creek, Baker's and Jim Beam. So does Fighting Cock. I'm now going to work on finding at least 24 minis of different bourbons. Just because. I like the idea of rebottling though. Imagine being able to buy a 50ml of Vintage OGDBiB, or VVOF, or should I mention it Pappy 12, 15 or 23....The possibilities are endless and oh so profitable.