Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Disciple

Bingo!!

That would be a great idea. I remember discussion at the L&G tour year before last that the BIB term just didnt appeal to the current crowd buying bourbon. So here is my mission for the marketing guys (yep I'm throwing down the gauntlet here): raise the bottled in bond status to the premium level it deserves to be. The term shows that this whiskey was made under more stringent guidelines than your average pour, and it is about as much an american whiskey exclusive term as there can be!

Tom (Good Call!) C

Enthusiast

Re: What is \"Vintage\" to you?

Mike,

This is what I believe and I hold this truly to my heart. There comes a time in nature when the stars, sun and moon align and everything is just perfect and the corn, wheat, barley and rye are very special, due to the climate of that particular year and a special year it is going to be. This is something you don't know but you can feel within the most recesses of the human heart. You combine all these ingredients and then suddenly the temperature is just right and when you walk into the rickhouse to that special place that only you feel is right and you take a sample and know this is what it is all about. This is the highest achievement of the distillers art and I thank God for this wonderful season. There shall be no other like it. I tip my glass to those wonderful master distillers that know the difference!!

Cheers,
    Marvin

Enthusiast

Re: Bingo!!

Connoisseur

Re: Bingo!!

Tom,
    I would indeed like to see add emphasis on bottled in bond whiskey with all of its related information - Season and year made, season and year bottled and DSP of distiller. I would also like to see a series of terms created more for the American Whiskey field. At one time while I was at U.D. there was discussion about just such a project. There was an effort to get some drinks writers and distillers to come together to create a lexicon of terms to describe bourbon. It never came to anything (I believe at that time I W Harper passed White Horse as best selling imported whiskey in Japan and U.D. started selling bourbon's off soon afterward). I would like to see such a lexicon created today, but it would be better if it was created by a brand neutral institution like DISCUS rather than a particular company. That way it would have a better chance of being supported by all of the companies in the business.
    Mike Veach

Connoisseur

What about Stagg, Bobby?
    think we really only have 2 that are being marketed that way, Evan Williams Single Barrel, and Old Forester Birthday Bourbon

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

What about Stagg, Bobby?
    I guess it is, My parameters was a Dated Bourbon. If you count that one, I guess the entire Antique collection qualifies. Also 10 anniversary Bookers. There are probably several more.

<font color="green"> Good God Give Mitch Mitchell Some </font>

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Bobby, I don't recall if you mentioned in this series the great Keith Moon.

Anyway, he got some, alright, way too much though.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Keith Moon

He's here!

<font color="blue"> Good God Give Lars Ulrich Some </font>