Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

What Wine Are You Drinking? - Winter 2013/2014

Opened two bottles from Orin Swift last night for Thanksgiving. First was a 2011 bottle of Palermo, a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. I thought it was really well put together but would probably be even better in a few years. Second was a bottle of Locations F-1, a French red blend consisting primarily of Grenache and Syrah. I've had it before and it's probably my favorite of the Locations line.

Re: What Wine Are You Drinking? - Winter 2013/2014

We tried the CA2 locations from Orin Swift last week. It's the priciest of the locations line. It was big hold and tasty but it is getting into stiff competition at the $26-30 price point. Can't call it a bargain anymore like the I, E and F blends.

I enjoyed a Sean Minor Napa Red last night after dinner.

Virtuoso

Yeah, I've seen the CA2 blend is out but I haven't tried it yet. I did notice that it was considerably more expensive.

Also a very limited amount of an Argentinian blend coming from Dave Phinney. AR, Should have it next week and I will report back.

Virtuoso

2010 Merry-Edwards Sauvignon Blanc from the Russian River Valley. I'm not a big white wine fan but this is excellent stuff.

What Wine Are You Drinking? - Winter 2013/2014

Drank nearly a bottle of Chat Mas Neuf Rhone Paradox Rouge at a holiday party. A tasty blend Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre and carignan.

Inexpensive and tasty.

Guru

Not a huge wine drinker. Keep a few bottles of different styles on hand and when the mood hits...that being said, had a buddy over the other night and he was just big-upping this Beaujolais Nouveau he'd been drinking. Went and found a bottle the next day and am unsure what all the fuss is about. Was pretty much what I thought it would be, young, simple, sweet, thin. Any fans here that can tell me what I'm missing out on?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Not a huge wine drinker. Keep a few bottles of different styles on hand and when the mood hits...that being said, had a buddy over the other night and he was just big-upping this Beaujolais Nouveau he'd been drinking. Went and found a bottle the next day and am unsure what all the fuss is about. Was pretty much what I thought it would be, young, simple, sweet, thin. Any fans here that can tell me what I'm missing out on?
    I don't think you're missing out on anything. You described Beaujolais Nouveau perfectly. It's just boring stuff, imho.

Virtuoso

A marketing construct only - if you want Beaujolais, look for those labeled Beaujolais Villages for the best examples of the Beaujolais style. The Nouveau is crap.
    Mark

Nouveau is just the first wine of the vintage. Unoaked, light and simple.

Some nouveau's are better than others.

All are too light for me. Your Pinot drinkers should enjoy nouveau.