Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Guru

Re: BOTM 12/13: J.W. Dant BIB

I should think so, everybody knows Dant goes with 7up.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Disciple

Had my first pour of this last night after dinner. WOW, OMG, this is might tasty Bourbon. Heavy on the caramel and to me a hint of cotton candy. I do love me some EWBIB & Henry Mck BIB so i guess I shouldn't be surprised. Ended up having numerous pours watching "Moonshiners" and I did sleep well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TunnelTiger View Post
    Had my first pour of this last night after dinner. WOW, OMG, this is might tasty Bourbon. Heavy on the caramel and to me a hint of cotton candy. I do love me some EWBIB & Henry Mck BIB so i guess I shouldn't be surprised. Ended up having numerous pours watching "Moonshiners" and I did sleep well.

does it noticeably differ from EWBIB?

having had HH BIB white, HH BIB gold, and EW BIB white.....Im not seeing enough difference in the three that id pick one over the other, except price. I put EWBIB in between the other two, but in a blind tasting, im not sure I could distinguish the three very well

Virtuoso

I found 3 liters of dusty Dant BIB 2/31 a few years ago at an old cash only package store, and got them for $8 each out the door tax included. Thought it was really good, but haven't opened another one in a good while. So I opened the second one last night right before dropping into chat, and it tastes just great, wish I had more in the bunker. Awhile back I also found a handle from DSP113 (can't recall the second number right now) with a tax strip that I got for $23.99, and after reading the mixed comments here about the 113 I'm curious to open it up and taste it, maybe before the holidays are over.

Guru

When you do please post some notes.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Novice

Glad I found this thread. I recently found a 1.75 litre of JW DANT BIB in an old liquor store. The tax stamp on the top is what caught my eye. Back label states DSP KY 113 DSP KY IND 2 . I'm still new to dustys so I'd love to hear if anyone has any info on where it was distilled & bottled? Bottom of the bottle states an 84'. Would that be accurate for dating the juice? Also would love to hear any flavor profiles it might have before i open it. regards

Enthusiast

I'll echo what Sailor said about the 113's. Excellent, esp. for a 4 yr. old. This one was a 113/113. I also have a 200ml of 2/16, and while good, didn't have the mouthfeel as the 113 which was from 1978.

I've just found some 113/2, which is metal screw top from the early 80's. I'll report back after I do S/B/S of 113/113, 2/16, and 113/2. If you see any of 113's OTS they will not be expensive, and definitely, IMO, worth picking up.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    does it noticeably differ from EWBIB?

having had HH BIB white, HH BIB gold, and EW BIB white.....Im not seeing enough difference in the three that id pick one over the other, except price. I put EWBIB in between the other two, but in a blind tasting, im not sure I could distinguish the three very well
    4eye - soory to say the more I drank the less I liked. It was lamost like after opening all the flavor profiles changed and not in a good way.

Then HHBIB & the EWBIB are far superior to this to my palate.

Guru

good to know. thanks!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by wheater74 View Post
    Back label states DSP KY 113 DSP KY IND 2 .
    113 is the current Buffalo Trace distillery, IND 2 is the current LDI distillery. I had a small bottle once, and it was really good, probably better than the 2/31 in my opinion. Been a while since I've had that one, so my memory is a little foggy on tasting notes.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery