Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For ChainWhip

Enthusiast

Re: For ChainWhip

Should we alert ChainWhip's local banks about potential robberies? http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1147164

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by compliance View Post
    Should we alert ChainWhip's local banks about potential robberies? http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1147164
    Oh man! I got pinged by half a dozen people about that bottle today - I guess I've been made and tagged as a 'Zawa slut...

All joking aside, I'd have to get a serious pay bump or win the lottery to afford that.
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 12-04-2013 at 00:05.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Don't waste your time, I already bought it.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post

If your serious then it's time for a roadtrip to the house o' virus...

Advanced Taster

Sorry about the link. I figured it was out of most people's price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Nice!
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Connoisseur

Correction to my previous comment. The Diageo RRP of £1950 does not include VAT. UK buyers would pay roughly £2340 for the Lagavulin 37. American buyers would pay £1950, or around $3200. While the gap is a bit less, the bottle is still overpriced by about $1250.
    Last edited by LostBottle; 12-05-2013 at 08:35.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    Correction to my previous comment. The Diageo RRP of £1950 does not include VAT. UK buyers would pay roughly £2340 for the Lagavulin 37. American buyers would pay £1950, or around $3200. While the gap is a bit less, the bottle is still overpriced by about $1250.
    I like how you make the assumption that it would be priced correctly at a mere $1950. I'm not saying your wrong, it's just that every once in a while I have to remind myself that what I'm buying is really just 25 ounces of consumable liquid. And that same liquid will literally be pissed away a few hours after consumption. I try to do that to bring things into perspective... so far all it's done is limit my bottles to the $250 and below range. Apparently I'm good with $10 an ounce

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDew View Post
    I like how you make the assumption that it would be priced correctly at a mere $1950.
    1950 GBP, so closer to $3200 at current exchange rates. The retail pricing for a bottle that old does not seem to be far out of line. I could be wrong, but trying to find a bottle at RRP seems to prove otherwise.

While the pricing makes us wince, there are people out there for whom it makes far less of an impact than us buying a $100 bottle. If they are selling at the rate they appear to be, then it is priced right, perhaps even too low. As I have stated before, I am sort of happy to see the price increase as much as it did. Instead of flippers profiting, it is good for us stockholders, and is also money Diageo can sink into capital projects like the planned expansion of Motlach.
    Last edited by LostBottle; 12-05-2013 at 10:03.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    1950 GBP, so closer to $3200 at current exchange rates. The retail pricing for a bottle that old does not seem to be far out of line. I could be wrong, but trying to find a bottle at RRP seems to prove otherwise.

While the pricing makes us wince, there are people out there for whom it makes far less of an impact than us buying a $100 bottle. If they are selling at the rate they appear to be, then it is priced right, perhaps even too low. As I have stated before, I am sort of happy to see the price increase as much as it did. Instead of flippers profiting, it is good for us stockholders, and is also money Diageo can sink into capital projects like the planned expansion of Motlach.
    Good points. On the price I was taking your $3200 - the overpriced by $1250 = $1950.