Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

VBT for purchase ideas

Dont know why I havent done this before, but today I looked back through the VBT, found bourbons I have had, and read the descriptions. I am terrible at picking out specific flavors in my bourbons, and I thought this might help me identify some of the bolder tastes. Now I may pour a drink, see if I can identify anything specific, then read others descriptions to find if others are tasting the same things I am. If I ever get good at it, I may also use vbt notes to help me chose my next purchase. Anyone else doing anything like this? I know all palates are different, but is this worth doing to possibly educate myself a little more?

Trippah and Admin

Re: VBT for purchase ideas

Wayyyyy back in the day I used the VBT to ID bottles that I wanted to try. It was a personal buyers guide when I was out of state and in front of some well stocked shelves in Kentucky or Illinois.

The notes are certainly an added value and a way for you to find others on the forum whose palate aligns with yours.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Re: VBT for purchase ideas

The notes are an encouragement to pay closer attention to what we're casually drinking at home.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.