Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Disciple

Re: Disappointment of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by BingoBourbon View Post
    I know I missed the end of the year, but my disappointment was a customer of mine. We have a Pappy wait list that stretches back to 2010! We are a small store and have always been able to get most of the line. Perhaps because of a long relationship with the distributor we get a lot more than the bigger guys in our region of the state. Anyway, I went to the list, noticed how many people were no longer in town from 2010 and offered PVW20 to a regular who was at the bottom. I think we sold it for $120 or something like that and he came in the store today to thank me because he flipped it for $600!!! I mean come on, I don't flip or jack up the rices at the store because I don't think it's good business, but I just felt taken advantage of...then again, it was his bottle and he can do what he wants with it.

On a more personal note, St. George Single Malt was just gross.
    Absolutely unreal and I would just have to ban him from my premises completely.

Would love to be on a list of an establisment like yours.

Enthusiast

Staying in line with Pappy, I think this years 15 year was not good at all and a huge disappointment. Too much Vanilla and not enough balance. Also, after revisiting Stagg Jr., I've flipped and think its a disappointment, too.
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
    Staying in line with Pappy, I think this years 15 year was not good at all and a huge disappointment. Too much Vanilla and not enough balance. Also, after revisiting Stagg Jr., I've flipped and think its a disappointment, too.
    I'll agree about Stagg Jr, I hoped for something like ER10BP but it didn't measure up. This year's Pappy 15 I liked much more than I expected! Good age development, stronger flavors. I agree that balance was off/odd, but I liked the way it came out.