Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: Disappointment of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Fodowsky View Post
    For me it's ECBP. I know lots of folks love it, but to me it's just not good. I'd gladly trade my 2 bottles for something I can drink!

I may be the only one on here who will second that.

I would've been disappointed to despise a $48 purchase anyway, but to look for it so much for over 6 months and then find is SO disappointing was a real bummer. That $48 wouldve bought me a Booker's or Dickel 9 and a cheap lunch instead, and been overly enthused at that.

Virtuoso

Disapointed in Stagg Jr. and Forgiven. Was also a little disappointed that I did not get all the hard to find bottles this fall, but happy about what I did get. And that I did not call the General Nelson on the right date to get my room for next September and am now waitlisted, but hopefully that will work out in the end.

Best regards, Tony

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    I may be the only one on here who will second that.

I would've been disappointed to despise a $48 purchase anyway, but to look for it so much for over 6 months and then find is SO disappointing was a real bummer. That $48 wouldve bought me a Booker's or Dickel 9 and a cheap lunch instead, and been overly enthused at that.
    To be honest, I wish I knew why it effects me the way it does. Maybe I should try a different bottle...

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Pretty much anything new from WT. Looking at you, SmB1B.
    I've got your back on this one...count me in...most particularly is the extremely disappointing WTR 81 which was doomed before its birth IMHO.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Connoisseur

The only bottle that I could not bring myself to like so far this year was the Willet pot still. Most bottles that I didn't enjoy drinking the first couple pours, I've let sit and revisited multiple times periodically. I've come around to enjoying some aspects of most of them except the pot still. I had to give a pretty full bottle away.

The only disappointment I have is in myself for having so little self control that resulted in way too many bottles bunkered
    - H

Enthusiast

Rittenhouse 100 DSP-1. I found it almost unpalatable next to the 354. I didn't let the bottle I got stick around long enough for continued comparison (I gave it to a friend) but the few tries I gave it all provided me the same experience. Lacking the same sweetness and that very special herbaceous grassiness I love. It just doesn't have "dat hip tang", as Dr. John might say.

A pretty big disappointment for me, to be sure.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    The only disappointment I have is in myself for having so little self control that resulted in way too many bottles bunkered
    I know that feeling...as they say, "been there, done that". However, I would not linger in the disappointment very long. In the coming months & year(s), you will do a '180' on those thoughts and be very happy you bunkered what you did. If anything, you'll wish you had gotten more. At least that's been my experience....and I can now see my stocks getting lower sooner than expected with things I can no longer replace....or cannot afford to do so.
    "I think I'll just stay here and drink"
    .....Merle Haggard

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hn4bourbon View Post
    The only bottle that I could not bring myself to like so far this year was the Willet pot still. Most bottles that I didn't enjoy drinking the first couple pours, I've let sit and revisited multiple times periodically. I've come around to enjoying some aspects of most of them except the pot still. I had to give a pretty full bottle away.

I totally agree with you regarding the W P (of) S. I just hate to admit that I drank my way through mine. I must have thought that it would eventually grow on me.

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

2013 Van Winkle 12 yr Lot B ; Wild Turkey Forgiven ; 2013 William Larue Weller.....
    Dawn
    2007 Fantasy Football Champion
    GBS Member #4
    2012 BOTY

Connoisseur

Larceny, the TTB and price jumps, shortages, and dropped age statements.