Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: VOB BiB dropped age statement

Quote Originally Posted by wadewood View Post
    Are we even sure 1792 still has age statement on back? I looked the other day at store and don't recall seeing it.
    I checked a bottle last week, and the 8 was gone, so 1792 is now also NAS.

Guru

At least they didn't add a big ole "8" to the front?

Ain't nothing safe, boyos. Phooey.

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    Bull shit.

No one on here, from what I have read, calls VOB "VOB 6"

The keeping of the "6" is meant to be a trick to hopefully keep people buying it without noticing the loss of an age statement. It is intended to keep long term buyers buying it through deceit, but will actually cause long term buyers to get pissed about it and leave. Squire was probably their biggest ambassador of "VOB 6", and look at his response to all this. screw 'em!

The only BIB people on here refer to as "6" is HH BIB 6, only because HH also has a NAS HH BIB also

Seriously, can you imagine Dodge taking the Viper and putting a v6 in it, yet keeping the "V10" badges on it and saying "people think the Viper V10 is just the name".....imagine the sales repurcussions.

These boards are meant for discussion, and sometimes folks disagree. That's all well and good. Paul just posted an answer he got from BT. If you disagree, that's fine, but please tone down your comments some. Calling out b**l s**t and saying screw 'em is going a little overboard IMHO. Besides, it just plain doesn't look good, especially with all the newer members here. They might get the wrong impression of our site. If you're that upset about the whole thing, maybe you should try contacting Sazerac yourself, and voice your opinions to them. Yes, this is a warning. I really don't want to have to start locking or deleting threads. Everyone's assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    The brand is recognized as VOB 6, so they kept the 6 on the bottle.

Rob Sharp
    Consumer Affairs Associate
    Buffalo Trace Distillery

HaHaHaHaHaHa . . . that one woke me up.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Enthusiast

That is why you don't always respond to customer inquiries. Jeez, should have at least mentioned the on-going shortage as to why they'd have to do it. Reinforcing the "pee on my shoes, tell me its rain" mentality.

Enthusiast

I guess if Weller 12 ever goes NAS, it will still be called Weller 12 because it is widely known as Weller 12. Of course, it is widely known as Weller 12 because it is in fact a 12 year old age stated bourbon, which stands for something.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    ..please tone down your comments some.
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but it could have been due to my first post in this thread. I apologize for my outburst earlier.

Guru

Age statements matter. If they didn't they never would've been on the labels in the first place.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by JVande View Post
    This thread has gotten a lot of attention. Never really targeted this bottling, but maybe I am missing out?!? Picked up 4 bottles of 6 year BIB today. At $13 a bottle, my risk is very low. Is this a legit sipper or simply a great 'value' to do what you please with?
    Just cracked open a newly acquired bottle. I pick up a lot of Rye spice with some fruitiness on the nose. Almost reminds me of something Four Roses would distill. Spiciness goes through the palate and ends with some faint caramel in the finish. Heck of a deal!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    These boards are meant for discussion, and sometimes folks disagree. That's all well and good. Paul just posted an answer he got from BT. If you disagree, that's fine, but please tone down your comments some. Calling out b**l s**t and saying screw 'em is going a little overboard IMHO. Besides, it just plain doesn't look good, especially with all the newer members here. They might get the wrong impression of our site. If you're that upset about the whole thing, maybe you should try contacting Sazerac yourself, and voice your opinions to them. Yes, this is a warning. I really don't want to have to start locking or deleting threads. Everyone's assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Joe

I was in no way calling 'pelliot' a liar or anything similar. I was calling B.S. on BT's response to his inquiry. I can refrain from using the term itself, even though we are all in agreeance that their response to him was not very truthful