Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Greetings from Chicagoland

Howdy! I live in Westchester, IL (just outside of Chicago). Get to know me and I will let you in on the best kept secret in Chicagoland for bourbon lovers!

I used to be big into craft beer, until one day I had to change my diet and started working out more. So, I replaced beer with whiskey, and, hurrah, lost 30 pounds!

I've been a scotch aficionado for many years and bourbon was always my second love. It was only this year that bourbon became my primary interest and scotch took a back seat. Luckily for me, it's been a great year for bourbon lovers.

See you around!

Connoisseur

Re: Greetings from Chicagoland

The Dawn Came; and the Light Shone Upon Him!
    Ain't it grand to have finally seen that light, Darren? In my humble opinion, even the best Scotch is only OK, next to a good Bourbon.... but, that's just me. Great to have you on the board.

Guru

Glad to have you Darren! I've been on the other side, a bourbon lover "trying to love Scotch", and I think I've given up on that endeavor. While there are many single malts I really like, having to pay considerably more for them over a decent bourbon just doesn't fit in my budget What are some of your current favorite bourbons?
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Virtuoso

Welcome Darren from over in Michigan.

best regards, Tony

Guru

Welcome to the board Darren. I was a 40 yr scotch fan before I tasted the error of my ways last year and started my Bourbon journey.

Look forward to your posts.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDarren View Post
    Luckily for me, it's been a great year for bourbon lovers.
    Every year is a great year for bourbon lovers! It's just that more and more people are catching on to that fact

Welcome aboard fellow Chicagolandonian.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Guru

Welcome to SB - plenty of scotch drinkers on here too... There are great whiskies in every genre and it's been fun exploring and learning here on SB. As a scotch drinker, my palate really took a shining to ryes.

In any event, look forward to reading your thoughts here.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Guru

Welcome to SB neighbor! I'm in Brookfield and probably have stood just feet away from you drinking craft beer at Brixies. Will hook up soon enough. Cheers!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Welcome to SB neighbor! I'm in Brookfield and probably have stood just feet away from you drinking craft beer at Brixies. Will hook up soon enough. Cheers!
    Oh, yes. I used to practically LIVE at Brixies. I would go there two or three times each week. Nowadays, I still stop in there once a month or so.