Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Hello from the UK

Hi all,

New to the forum but been into my American Whiskeys and Bourbon for a few years now. Although it's pretty difficult to pick up anything locally over here (other than Jack Daniels and Jim Beam white), most stuff is available online - you pay a pretty penny for it though!
    Be much easier for me if I just liked scotch...

Anyway, i've managed to rack up a modest collection:
    Buffalo Trace
    Makers Mark
    Knob Creek SmB
    Woodfords Reserve
    Wild Turkey 81
    Russels Reserve 10yr
    Jeffersons SmB
    Eagle Rare SB 10yr
    Willetts Pot (the one with the cool bottle)
    Weller 12
    Four Roses SB

Four Roses Single Barrel is definitely my favourite with Eagle Rare coming a close second. I also quite like the Willetts with a drop of water (although I know that doesn't get too much love here on the forums). I'd say i'm probably more of a rye man than a wheater - although I do still enjoy the Weller and Makers.

Next on the wishlist:
    Rittenhouse Rye
    Blantons Original SB
    Old Grandad 114
    Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Guru

Re: Hello from the UK

Welcome aboard roaringboy, that's an impressive collection considering the supply issues you face. Yet a determined man will find a way, as my Scottish forebears were wont to say.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Greetings from Chicago, roaringboy! As squire said, that's quite a nice collection, indeed. I too am partial to Four Roses Single Barrel, but the others you mentioned are terrific as well (Eagle Rare, Weller, Willett, etc.). If you like high rye bourbon and enjoy the Russell's Reserve, seek out WT Rare Breed if you can find it at a reasonable price. By the way, where are you in England? I used to live in Faversham, Kent and my wife hails from the Isle of Wight. Welcome aboard!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Good Day and welcome from Michigan USA, glad to have you here. Have to agree on Four Roses, great stuff.

Best regards, Tony

Guru

Howdy from Georgia! If you like rye, I think you'll love OGD 114! Welcome aboard!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Connoisseur

Welcome aboard the forums, roaringboy! Have a pip of time here! If you don't, it's your own fault. Lotsa info, great guys and gals, and all in 'good spirits', as it were.

Virtuoso

Welcome from Kentucky!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Greetings from Chicago, roaringboy! As squire said, that's quite a nice collection, indeed. I too am partial to Four Roses Single Barrel, but the others you mentioned are terrific as well (Eagle Rare, Weller, Willett, etc.). If you like high rye bourbon and enjoy the Russell's Reserve, seek out WT Rare Breed if you can find it at a reasonable price. By the way, where are you in England? I used to live in Faversham, Kent and my wife hails from the Isle of Wight. Welcome aboard!
    Thanks guys.
    I'm right on the east coast of england so not too far away from Kent!
    I'm a big fan of WT so I'll definitely give the rare breed a go - only problem is it's about 50 over here (about $100).

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Connoisseur

Welcome from North Georgia USA! My co-worker is headed back to the UK (he is from London) for the holidays and I asked him to have a butcher's for a few bottles. Cheers!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by roaringboy View Post
    Thanks guys.
    I'm right on the east coast of england so not too far away from Kent!
    I'm a big fan of WT so I'll definitely give the rare breed a go - only problem is it's about 50 over here (about $100).

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    Yes. That's a steep price at $100 when we get it for less than half that. You need an American mule to bring you some goodies! The Old Grand Dad 114 that was mentioned is also excellent and no doubt cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet