Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 108 of 239 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2390

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

The winter weather has been awful lately. Coldest winter I can remember in a long time. I decided to have a pour of a weather related bourbon to warm up a little when I got home from work today. A nice heathy pour of EH Taylor Warehouse "C" Tornado Surviving bourbon is really hitting the spot right now.

P1080631.jpg
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    The winter weather has been awful lately. Coldest winter I can remember in a long time. I decided to have a pour of a weather related bourbon to warm up a little when I got home from work today. A nice heathy pour of EH Taylor Warehouse "C" Tornado Surviving bourbon is really hitting the spot right now.
    Yep, one of those bottles I wished I had bought more than 4...all gone in my house. But I am getting along with an Old Fitz 1849. Not a bad HH wheater @ sub $20.
    Josh

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    I did seriously consider just buying another first, and keeping the case intact, then I wondered why. It seems there is no truth to the idea the came up a few months ago about HH6BIB going away, so why stockpile it? It's good, but I wouldnt put it as great.

as to the comparison, Im no clearer on it than I was last summer when I did a SBS with HH6BIB and Ezra 7/101. There is something a bit different, but it is slight....Id be hard pressed to pick them out of a blind line-up. And with the prices being $10 and $17, it's an easy choice given the similarities between the two.
    I've heard that rumor from a source I trust pretty well... But it's been kicking around for a long time. They may have bottled a whole lot of them at once?

Anyway, I figure I can't go wrong bunkering HH6... unfortunately I don't get enough chances to buy it. I'm with you that it's good but not great, but not everything needs to be great.

Basically I guess I'm saying take advantage of that bargain while it exists because it surely won't be forever, be it by price change or age statement removal.
    Jim

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    I've heard that rumor from a source I trust pretty well... But it's been kicking around for a long time. They may have bottled a whole lot of them at once?

Anyway, I figure I can't go wrong bunkering HH6... unfortunately I don't get enough chances to buy it. I'm with you that it's good but not great, but not everything needs to be great.

Basically I guess I'm saying take advantage of that bargain while it exists because it surely won't be forever, be it by price change or age statement removal.

Ive heard it from a reputable source as well, and keep an eye on it when at the stores. I thought it may be happening a while back when TPS couldnt keep it in stock, and was out of it for a while. They seem to be able to keep 30+ in stock now though. I guess it wouldnt be terrible if it disappeared, as EWBIB is very similar in profile and I imagine that is what would take its place anyway.

Advanced Taster

First taste 2013 OWV10 107 nose is fantastic rich fruity. Taste is very dry tannic. I like the OWA107 SB store pick I got this year better. It is head and shoulders above nose and taste. There's much more to it. A little time could change things, but right now the rug doesn't match the curtains with OWV.

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

Advanced Taster

First taste 2013 OWV10 107 nose is fantastic rich fruity. Taste is very dry tannic. I like the OWA107 SB store pick I got this year better. It is head and shoulders above nose and taste. There's much more to it. A little time could change things, but right now the rug doesn't match the curtains with OWV.

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

Connoisseur

Poured a WTRB, a bottle that met an unusually fast but certain fate. I will definitely have another bottle of this sitting in my cabinet soon.
    Josh

In opposition to some previous posts HH6 BIB is great. I factor in quality and price into my personal enjoyment factor and HH6BIB is off the charts.

Advanced Taster

Having a pour of Knob Creek right now. I seem to be coming back to this more and more, especially when I travel because it's so tasty and consistent.

Connoisseur

I did a 'vertical' between a couple bottles of Ezra B Single Barrel, to see if the NDP's having problems getting juice to meet profiles holds true for this brand by Luxco. One bottle is about 3-years in my bunker or a bit more, the other (identical label) is only about 7-months off the shelf of the retailer. I'm happy (and a bit surprised) to find almost no difference between 'em. Both had a very nice well rounded, slightly woody palate (which I like), and a decent, if not spectacular nose. The finish on each was lingering and mostly sweet, and slightly damp.
    I know many frown on all NDP brands. I'm not a fan of too many, myself; but I do find this one hits me well, and isn't too overpriced for what I'm getting. There has been some small difference from bottle to bottle as would be expected in any SB offering; but for my taster and smeller, I can't really fault this brand on that count. It actually varies less (in my meager experience) than several other SB's I've tried from distiller/producer lines. All this is only my own opinion and from my own limited experience, of course.