Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 157 of 239 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2390
    Taster

Re: What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

Started foreign, with Nikka Coffey Grain, then rotated back Stateside to a tall glass of GTS '12. Wish I could drink more of it, but that stuff lulls me to sleep. In a good way.

Going with the good Rittenhouse this evening

Advanced Taster

Finishing the evening with some Weller 12. This stuff is excellent.

Enthusiast

Started with a small pour of Makers 46 to test my taste buds as I recover from the flu. Not quite there yet. Tried again with ECBP, that works!

Guru

With all the talk lately about Booker's, Im having a small pour of my bottle tonight. I hope this weeks stories of price jumps to $55 are just local store issues. Even though I rarely buy it, Id hate for it to cross the $50 threshold!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    With all the talk lately about Booker's, Im having a small pour of my bottle tonight. I hope this weeks stories of price jumps to $55 are just local store issues. Even though I rarely buy it, Id hate for it to cross the $50 threshold!
    Booker's has cost $50 or more in the majority of stores that I've seen it in for as long as I can remember. I think you're getting a deal if you're paying less than that.
    Ryan

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nivto View Post
    Booker's has cost $50 or more in the majority of stores that I've seen it in for as long as I can remember. I think you're getting a deal if you're paying less than that.
    While I do see it sometimes for over $50 at stores that generally charge more for everything, I can routinely find it for $46 at most places.

Connoisseur

Egads, what a night. My brother-in-law is visiting from out of town. I rarely have a fellow bourbon enthusiast in the house to share pours with and I was privileged to share some pours tonight with someone who truly appreciates it. We had: '13 Lot B, '13 PVW 15yr, '13 OFBB, 4R SB cask strength OESK, and finally ECBP devils batch. I am reeling right now.
    Tomorrow night will be a rye night.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flahute View Post
    Egads, what a night. My brother-in-law is visiting from out of town. I rarely have a fellow bourbon enthusiast in the house to share pours with and I was privileged to share some pours tonight with someone who truly appreciates it. We had: '13 Lot B, '13 PVW 15yr, '13 OFBB, 4R SB cask strength OESK, and finally ECBP devils batch. I am reeling right now.
    Tomorrow night will be a rye night.
    I always like to see flights like this. And I'm always curious to see what the participants think of them. Rank 'em!
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    I always like to see flights like this. And I'm always curious to see what the participants think of them. Rank 'em!
    Being on East Coast time, my bro-in-law had to turn in early as he was pretty tired so I can't get his ranking until the morning.
    He was duly impressed with the PVW15 - his first taste of it. He's not fully aware of the hype around it so I believe his opinion is as impartial as could be expected. I'll report back tomorrow when he wakes up.

My rank would be PVW15, ECBP, 4R, Lot B, OFBB. The last three are super close and change places given the night. I'd rank OFBB higher if it was consistent. When it's fully on, I'd rank it right after PVW, when it's off, it's too bitter. I don't know if it or my palate is what changes. (It's a complicated pour, but that's OK, it keeps me on my toes. I'd happily buy it again).