Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Some Bear Republic Racer 5, and Flat 12 Half Cycle IPA. The Racer takes it, although neither is anything overly special. Looking to finish these off w Deschutes Hop Henge, which just arrived in Lex yesterday w00t!

Advanced Taster

Reading about all this Hopslam Hysteria got me thirsty. Can't get it where I am, so today I asked my beer guy for a hoppy alternative. Got a 6-pack of this HopNosh IPA, from Uinta in Utah, which is new to our area. It's a nice post-workout cooldown, on a warm NoTX afternoon.
    Incidentally, I also told my beer guy and my wine guy about my experience of finding BCBS too sour. Beer guy said just let the last 2 sit for a while, as time might make 'em better to me. Wine guy said he'd had a similar experience of once finding a different stout sour, and said that he thought it was due to the high-abv, a component his stout shared w/ the BCBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwar View Post
    Reading about all this Hopslam Hysteria got me thirsty. Can't get it where I am, so today I asked my beer guy for a hoppy alternative. Got a 6-pack of this HopNosh IPA, from Uinta in Utah, which is new to our area. It's a nice post-workout cooldown, on a warm NoTX afternoon.
    Incidentally, I also told my beer guy and my wine guy about my experience of finding BCBS too sour. Beer guy said just let the last 2 sit for a while, as time might make 'em better to me. Wine guy said he'd had a similar experience of once finding a different stout sour, and said that he thought it was due to the high-abv, a component his stout shared w/ the BCBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You made a good choice picking up that Uinta IPA. It's a regular for me.
    Jim

Apprentice

Heading to a party tonight being thrown by a Scotsman, which will include Scottish fare (Hopefully some excellent whisky!). I plan on bringing one of my favorite beers made in Scotland to spice things up a bit, Old Engine Oil.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    This made me LOL.

Currently enjoying Ballast Point Sculpin, a local beer that's getting a lot of notoriety. The ratebeer/beeradvocate scores say it all. Used to be a well-kept secret for locals, but no more.

Also have a small stash (just a few small bottles) of St. Bernardus Abt. 12 at the moment. Great stuff, but it'll co$t you. I watched a video about the brewery... these people even grow their own hops on site. That's pretty hardcore.

Someone previously posted about Stone Southern Charred being rather not so good. I have a single bottle of that squared away for a rainy day. Hoping my experience is better. Definitely true that mixing hops with bourbon barrel is not automatically a marriage made in heaven, from past experience.

Guru

I too did not care for the Southern Charred. The other two mentioned however are fantastic and you would be hard pressed to find much better examples of their respective styles.

Trippah and Admin

A bomber of Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale while catching up with the Rolex 24 on the DVR.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

The Voshole

Hopslam and pizza for supper tonight. Add me to the list of people who love this beer
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Vosgar View Post
    Hopslam and pizza for supper tonight. Add me to the list of people who love this beer
    Great minds think alike, Gary. Wife and I ordered pizza in tonight and had a Hopslam to wash things down. Finished the night off with a Terrapin Wake n Bake.
    Tyler

Virtuoso

Had a limited release Sam Adams Escape Route last night - Kolsch style. Refreshing and light - would like to see them release this in the summer.
    Mark