Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Old Weller Antique shortage??

If I can't get what I like, I will start liking different stuff. If the stuff I like starts getting too expensive, then I will start liking cheaper stuff. If the cheaper stuff starts tasting like crap, then I will go back to drinking beer. I will pay a fair price for good stuff, if I can't, then I won't pay. It's really no one's fault. It's just the market. Fortunately, I don't think I will run out of reasonably priced and available options.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mbroo5880i View Post
    If I can't get what I like, I will start liking different stuff. If the stuff I like starts getting too expensive, then I will start liking cheaper stuff. If the cheaper stuff starts tasting like crap, then I will go back to drinking beer. I will pay a fair price for good stuff, if I can't, then I won't pay. It's really no one's fault. It's just the market. Fortunately, I don't think I will run out of reasonably priced and available options.
    Applause, Applause. That's the perfect way to look at the situation. We have no control over what happens, only how we react to it. It's a tumultuous time in the whiskey business, right now. Just settle in, ride it out, and see where it ends up. Thing is, as you say, one can get off the ride at any time.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I just talked with the Sazarac rep and he said he has been told the OWA will be released once a year with reduced allocations compared to previous years. (May be a SC issue.) Too bad as it was my favorite faux Pappy with my many brothers-in-law. They mix everything with Coke and get pissed if I don't bring Pappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Haven't seen the brand rep in a while. The distributors sales reps can do nothing but apologize. It's hitting them in the pocket books too.

They are still pushing barrel selections aggressively. They used to claim they would help with pappy/btac and other limited edition allocations. Now all they help with is keeping products on the shelves.
    Yeah, it's the same here in AZ. Bummer, cause OWA was a regular in my cabinet.

Eric, I'd definitely appreciate if you update us if you hear anything else about it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Enthusiast

There does seem to be plenty of stock of OWA in NY/NJ, but I don't want to get caught up in some Weller shortage. So I am well stocked with W12 and OWA (mostly single barrel OWA), such that I can make plenty of SB blend for a long time to come. W12 is much harder to find up here, hence why I stocked up on it a couple of bottles at a time when I could. W12 certainly isn't going to get more plentiful anytime soon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonGuy View Post
    When I first read this, I posted this link: http://www.superwinewarehouse.com/r/...and-7-year-old.
    He promptly ran out. He told me, "No worries, I'll get more." It is back on the shelf. Not sure what the issue is. Don't ya getting the feeling we are
    being manipulated to get prices up?
    Interesting how the website is still promoting it as a 7yo. Doesn't know, out of date website that hasn't been corrected or just doesn't care?
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonGuy View Post
    When I first read this, I posted this link: http://www.superwinewarehouse.com/r/...and-7-year-old.
    He promptly ran out. He told me, "No worries, I'll get more." It is back on the shelf. Not sure what the issue is. Don't ya getting the feeling we are
    being manipulated to get prices up?
    Simple laws of economics suggests we are due for a significant price increase across the board with bourbon. High demand, limited supply.

They are already doing it with lower proofs and dropping age statements. The next play is price increases.

Guru

Have to agree with Eric on this one.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Not available from KY distributor. No ETA.

Another in the long list of out of stock from BT. We used to have an entire section of BT products (5 shelves high by 14 facings wide). It is down to just over half that now.
    It makes me wonder why. It seems like even if people bought everything as soon as the stores got it, there would be more in the pipeline, and an ETA. It's very odd.

The Voshole

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Interesting how the website is still promoting it as a 7yo. Doesn't know, out of date website that hasn't been corrected or just doesn't care?
    Caskers is doing the same thing on their web site, even thought the picture is of the current bottling. BTW, they're sold out and were getting $27.99 for a 750ml. We still have it around here for $19.99.
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    I asked him to carry this. I would say the average owner, (and any owners on this board can correct me) looks up the request and orders. He must have gotten that from the source he ordered it from.
    I doubt any owner of a large store reads every single bottle. I would guess he just doesn't realize the bottle dropped the age statement and not meant to mislead. I would say this store is very receptive to special requests and does care about his customers more than most.