Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

How's Larceny Doing?

Since HH is private, is there any way of knowing how sales of Larceny have been going? I frequent about 2-3 stores regularly and it never seems that the number of bottles changes that much. And the few discussions I've heard from store workers to customers about what else to try instead of MM, it's only ever whatever Weller bottles they have.
    I'll ask the stores next time, but wouldn't be surprised if they don't/can't speak too knowledgeably about it.
    Mark

Virtuoso

Re: How's Larceny Doing?

I wondered this myself since there seems to be a second round of rebates going out. I haven't seen the new rebates around me, but I'd be surprised if it isn't moving in this market. I prefer it to the other wheaters in that price range, and with the rebate it would seem to be a steal.
    Mark

Virtuoso

On a related note, has anyone heard if HH plans to roll it out to more states? I suppose that may depend on how it's doing where currently available.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Enthusiast

I'd love to be able to purchase a bottle, but it's not available in MI. The MI Liquor Control Commission controls what is allowed into the state, and I have to applaud them for having twice the selection of other control states and continually adding more, but the bourbons they've added are not ones I'm interested in trying.
    Pete

I hate scotch.

Connoisseur

It doesn't seem to move too quickly here..but I love it and buy it regularly. It would do better if they would feature it in the store. Specs just got it, put it on the middle shelf a put new item sticker on the space.

Apprentice

I'm not a huge fan of the bottle... the juice inside is allright...appearance is everything and that bottle is not visually appealing. I know stupid...but for those that are not informed will not gravitate to an ugly bottle.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the bottle... the juice inside is allright...appearance is everything and that bottle is not visually appealing. I know stupid...but for those that are not informed will not gravitate to an ugly bottle.
    I'm to have to respectfully disagree. I really like the bottle shape. It has the whole old school keyhole thing going on no matter what bottle size (750, 1L, or 1.75) and I like how it ties into the key on the neckband. I just cracked my first bottle tonight so I'm not ready to give a proper opinion on the juice but the initial impression is positive.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jersey12 View Post
    I'm to have to respectfully disagree. I really like the bottle shape. It has the whole old school keyhole thing going on no matter what bottle size (750, 1L, or 1.75) and I like how it ties into the key on the neckband. I just cracked my first bottle tonight so I'm not ready to give a proper opinion on the juice but the initial impression is positive.
    Up close the bottle is interesting...but for the longest time I only looked at from afar and it just never caught my eye for some reason. Weird I know.

Advanced Taster

I'm drinking Larceny right now. I have a couple bottles bunkered. (Their not easily gotten up here.) +1 ryanc. The Larceny name has no value. Why not make it very special small batch Old Fitzgerald? It basically says that on the label. There's some name recognition, and the relationship to Stitzel-Weller would be a marketing boon these days. On the other hand I like it enough that I want to be able to find it So maybe it being a wallflower is to our advantage.

Ted
    In Society that Outlaws Adventure the Only Adventure is to Outlaw that Society

Apprentice

Each store around here has a ton of it on the shelf...I seriously think I am the only one in town that buys it.