Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Advanced Taster

Re: Currently Available Age-Stated Bourbons

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    Found the info on Black Saddle and added it to the list. It's NDP stuff from Frank-Lin in CA. If anyone has tried it, let us know what you think. One of the online retailers has it listed as Beam whiskey, though it's more likely LDI/MGP.
    I think that Beam thing is a mistake. A local retailer near me carries it and I've already told the manager that he's not going to be able to sell it and that when he's ready to discount the crap out of it to let me know. He's had it on the shelf for more than three months and has not sold one bottle yet.

Enthusiast

Hey just seen another you can add to the list - James E. Pepper -1776 15 yrs. old, and what about the old scout line,just seen them as well.
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by dSculptor View Post
    Hey just seen another you can add to the list - James E. Pepper -1776 15 yrs. old, and what about the old scout line,just seen them as well.
    The info on the James E. Pepper website says, "Get this special whiskey while you can," leading me to believe the 15 year is a limited release.
    Still not sure about the OS and VOS lines. Are they going to be regular releases or limited? The info I've seen recently seems to indicate they're limited. Can anyone confirm either way?
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Trippah and Admin

In order to keep this thread from growing into a mess, the posting traffic should be limited to submissions, questions or requests for clarification from Brian/mosugoji64 and answers to his questions.

If you wish to discuss taste, value, local availability or any other variable that tickles a bourbon lovers's fancy, please have that discussion in the appropriate thread elsewhere on the site.

The James E. Pepper discussion has been moved to this recent thread on the bottling: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...Pepper-15-year
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Old Charter is no longer age-stated. The former 8 yo AS now merely has the number "8" on the label (alla VOB).
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Advanced Taster

Heaven Hill 8 year 86 is still being released here in RI (and I'm told MN). Not sure if that counts or not. My guess is it won't be for much longer given current trends.