Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 171
  1. #81
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    743

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Bowmore 30 with the dragon for $499.99. Was looking for a friend who was interested. But without the fancy box he passed.

  2. #82
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    519

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Passed on a slightly dusty. (2006ish) Highland Park 18 with the paper sunset label. I'm guessing there is no difference in the whisky and I quite like the newer bottles.
    Epicurean in the ATL - Atlanta-Based Food, Whiskey & Cocktail Blog

  3. #83
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,517

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Passed on a slightly dusty. (2006ish) Highland Park 18 with the paper sunset label. I'm guessing there is no difference in the whisky and I quite like the newer bottles.
    Difference may be fairly subtle but I suspect that whisky that would not have been bottled in 2006 as a single malt but instead designated for a blend might now be finding its way into current single malt bottles at many distilleries, and not just HP.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  4. #84
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,517

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Have seen and been offered the Arran Devils Punch Bowl II a couple of times recently at around $120-125. They know a sucker when they see one!

    Didn't get the first one. It is a bit like the Balvenie Tun in that it is a blend of multiple barrels of various single malt. I did like a couple of Arran single cask 16yo bottles I got recently.

    Arran Devils bowl.JPG
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  5. #85
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    519

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Have seen and been offered the Arran Devils Punch Bowl II a couple of times recently at around $120-125. They know a sucker when they see one!

    Didn't get the first one. It is a bit like the Balvenie Tun in that it is a blend of multiple barrels of various single malt. I did like a couple of Arran single cask 16yo bottles I got recently.

    Arran Devils bowl.JPG
    I have the first one but haven't opened it yet. I'll crack it for our May get together. I recall hearing good things.
    Epicurean in the ATL - Atlanta-Based Food, Whiskey & Cocktail Blog

  6. #86
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,517

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    I have the first one but haven't opened it yet. I'll crack it for our May get together. I recall hearing good things.
    Dang! That may mean I have to buy this one to compare...

    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  7. #87
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,286

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    BRUCE - go easy! I see you twisting your own arm pretty hard, and would hate for you to hurt yourself I mean, who would make cocktails next week!
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

  8. #88
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,517

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    BRUCE - go easy! I see you twisting your own arm pretty hard, and would hate for you to hurt yourself I mean, who would make cocktails next week!
    Good point Gary! I am twisting it pretty hard though...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

    Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

  9. #89
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    519

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Dang! That may mean I have to buy this one to compare...

    Dooooooooo it, Bruce!
    Epicurean in the ATL - Atlanta-Based Food, Whiskey & Cocktail Blog

  10. #90
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    693

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Pass Up Today? - Winter/Spring 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Dooooooooo it, Bruce!
    Enabler extraordinaire!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 335
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 19:52
  2. What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter/Spring 2012
    By CaptainQ in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 564
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 06:18
  3. What Did You Pass Up Today? Fall 2010-Winter/Spring 2011
    By fishnbowljoe in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 14:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top