Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Empty Bottle Support Group 2014

ECBP batch 1, FRSB, Ritt BIB and OGD BIB hit the recycle bin after "heavy use" over the holidays.

Connoisseur

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group 2014

I emptied my bottle of Pappy 23 and really can't say I'm that sorry to see it go. It was excellent Bourbon and I don't regret buying, nor drinking, nor sharing it waith friends; but it's become such a 'unicorn' in the last few years that I'm kinda glad it's no longer taking up space on my shelf. I may have to find a spot for the empty bottle, however.... It's signed by JVWIII.

Taster

Finished off a W12 last night. I know some of you think it has gone down hill in the past year or so, but the bottle I had was excellent.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    I emptied my bottle of Pappy 23 and really can't say I'm that sorry to see it go. It was excellent Bourbon and I don't regret buying, nor drinking, nor sharing it waith friends; but it's become such a 'unicorn' in the last few years that I'm kinda glad it's no longer taking up space on my shelf. I may have to find a spot for the empty bottle, however.... It's signed by JVWIII.
    Fill it with SB blend and share with friends who are free of the whiskey nervosa curse! They will probably never know the differnece and think you are a demi-god...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Fill it with SB blend and share with friends who are free of the whiskey nervosa curse! They will probably never know the differnece and think you are a demi-god...
    And that's probably the reason those empties are on ebay (for more than unopened bottles of other really decent bourbons at liquor stores!)

Guru

In the past lil bit W12, EWSB 03, JB Sig Craft, 4RSmB, ETL, and a Tornado have bit the dust.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    That would be, at a minimum, disingenuous, no? I figure, if they knew enough to respect a bottle of Pappy-23 for what it is, rather than for the hype; then, they'll like a pour of some other nice Bourbon. If all I wanted was to impress fools, I guess I could refill it with ordinary stuff, and serve it to someone I don't really care much about... but, where would the fun be in that?

Disciple

That would be, at a minimum, disingenuous, no? I figure, if they knew enough to respect a bottle of Pappy-23 for what it is, rather than for the hype; then, they'll like a pour of some other nice Bourbon. If all I wanted was to impress fools, I guess I could refill it with ordinary stuff, and serve it to someone I don't really care much about... but, where would the fun be in that?
    The biggest issue with the refill plan is that you must then proceed to let fools into your house.
    Jim

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dcbt View Post
    And that's probably the reason those empties are on ebay (for more than unopened bottles of other really decent bourbons at liquor stores!)
    Seems almost a certainty. I am inclined more and more to break bottles of this sort before I dispose of them.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Guru

Indeed it would be disingenuous. But it is a big assumption (and we all know what happens when you assume!) to think that most people outside our little circle of obsessive fanatics knows Pappy, any Pappy, for anything other than the hype.

Besides, those that do know enough to respect PVW23 for what it is will no doubt appreciate the SB Blend!

To get back on topic another Ritt DSP1 hit the circular file last night.
    Last edited by tanstaafl2; 01-10-2014 at 10:56.