Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Cocktail Nazis

Threaded View

Taster

Cocktail Nazis

I love a good bourbon sipped neat, but I hardly ever pour it over rocks, maybe because the cold makes the spirit taste too dry for my palate.

If I want it cold, then I whip up a cocktail, with my faves being the Manhattan and Old Fashioned. On a hot day, a Bourbon Buck serves quite nicely to beat the heat in style and with flavor.

On the cigar forum that I frequent, when somebody mentions making a cocktail with bourbon, there are a couple of guys with apparently limited palates who think that it is a SACRILEGE to mix "good" bourbon with anything...what am I supposed to do?...keep shitty bourbon around for cocktails?

I try to ignore their pathetic jack-booted tirades and just pass it off as a limited education...

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy cocktails made with high-proof bourbons like Booker's, WLW, RR101, WT101, OFBIB, ORWV 107, etc...

=================================

PostScript: being the Newbie I am, I apparently missed the fact that this prolly should have gone in the Cocktail room...my bad!
    Last edited by Oboe Cadobro; 01-08-2014 at 10:04. Reason: An attack of Noobishness!