Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    12

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    Welcome to the board, Osborne! Glad to have you join in. You'll certainly learn from some of the knowledgeable folks here... and maybe educate a few of the rest of us in the process. A fresh viewpoint is always a good thing.
    Note: you (or anybody) don't always need to drink your drams neat (no such rule exists). Most of us often do; but some drams can be a cghallenge, especially the really high-proof barrel strength monsters like George T. Stagg, or his little brother William Larue Weller. Even Booker's can be sharp for some palates. So, keep an open mind and try new things. Remember: The Journey is the Destination!
    Thanks! I don't think I would enjoy it with ice, and definitely not mixed with anything it just seems a waste. I had my window open a bit during a cold night with my glass sitting by it, my dram got chilly and it almost tasted terrible almost slimy. So I couldn't imagine ice just hindering the flavor even more being colder and just diluting it. I can see adding a few drops of water for cask strength, but I'll have try them neat first .

  2. #12
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    Good Day and welcome.

    Glad to have you here, enjoy yourself.

    Best regards, Tony

  3. #13
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Downriver, Detroit, MI
    Posts
    648

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    Quote Originally Posted by Osborne View Post
    Thanks! I don't think I would enjoy it with ice, and definitely not mixed with anything it just seems a waste. I had my window open a bit during a cold night with my glass sitting by it, my dram got chilly and it almost tasted terrible almost slimy. So I couldn't imagine ice just hindering the flavor even more being colder and just diluting it. I can see adding a few drops of water for cask strength, but I'll have try them neat first .
    Absolutely: Try 'em neat FIRST! Always the best way to understand the dram for what the distiller/bottler intended it to be.

  4. #14
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    12

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Good Day and welcome.

    Glad to have you here, enjoy yourself.

    Best regards, Tony

    Thanks! Hope you have a good day yourself.

  5. #15
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    12

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richnimrod View Post
    Absolutely: Try 'em neat FIRST! Always the best way to understand the dram for what the distiller/bottler intended it to be.

    How true does this hold with cask strength? I still haven't tried any, I would be interested in Knob Creek Single Barrel.

  6. #16
    Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    12

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    They didn't have Buffalo Trace in stock, but they did have Four Roses Small Batch on sale for $24.99

  7. #17
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    691

    Re: Hello, from Kentucky!

    Welcome welcome fellow Kentucky resident

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 19:58
  2. Hello from Kentucky
    By Colonel Duke in forum New to Straightbourbon
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 05:26
  3. Yup - Kentucky Had a Beer Style - Kentucky Common Beer
    By Gillman in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 21:10
  4. Only Kentucky
    By porgymcnasty in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2001, 15:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top