Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Guru

Customer relations......wow.......

So, out of curiosity, I sent an email to D_____, per the 'contact us' button on their own web page, asking if their 9 and 14 year whiskies are something they plan to keep releasing or if it was just a one time thing. Here's the response I got:

I am wondering if you are talking about the 8 Year Old or the Barrel Select as I am not showing that we make a 9 Year Old. If you do have a bottle of G_____D_____ 9 Year Old, could you please take a picture of it and respond to this email with the photo attached?

There's so much wrong with that reply, I don't know what to think of the company now.

wow.

does anyone with some actual knowledge of the company know the answer to my question?
    Last edited by 393foureyedfox; 01-13-2014 at 14:30.

Guru

Re: Customer relations......wow.......

Have you checked your bottle to make sure it doesn't say George Pickle?

Enthusiast

I guess you have to mention Barrel Select.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guru

I mean, I can see if, say HH, who has tons of labels that it would be easy to let one slip from your memory....but when you only offer 5 different bottlings of the same mashbill? and to not even know that your own #8 is un-age stated?

what?

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    does anyone with some actual knowledge of the company know the answer to my question?
    I'm guessing that "customer relations" is some web techie who mostly updates the website and is not associated with Sales...pretty stupid if that is the case...

Virtuoso

More likely it's a low level Diageo employee... who has to go rely on the Dickel website for his or her information. I don't think their website mentions their single barrel program (these are SBs, right?) which is very new.

And, even though Dickel is a relatively small part of the Big Diageo Machine, they're still spread across more than one location. Having worked for a multi-national for several years I can tell you that information doesn't always travel effectively.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Guru

yeah, their own website doesnt acknowledge the 9 and 14 year whiskies, which is why I wanted to know if it was a one time thing (and should therefore stockpile) or if it is going to be ongoing.

but still, the 'contact us' button should link me to someone in the know about their own products. even not knowing of the 9/14 year stuff, to call the #8 "8 year".....

Guru

Of course that techie could be a couple thousand miles from Tullahoma so it's not like they could run next door to the warehouse and ask someone.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

perhaps if you asked about the latest vodka flavor you'd get more informed reply?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Of course that techie could be a couple thousand miles from Tullahoma so it's not like they could run next door to the warehouse and ask someone.
    Yes, I was just wondering what the odds were of D____ actually residing in TN ... or even the US. At least s/he shows a willingness to learn, by asking Fox for a photo. Fox: my local still has a few of each; while I don't care for it myself, I hate to see someone else deprived of a unique age-stated, nicely-proofed favorite -- if you want me to grab a few for you, to drop off on my next trip through LV this summer, just holler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk