Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Your favorite bourbon with ice

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Oh, jebus! "No, no more soup for you!"

...but I don't put ice in anything. Water yes, ice no. I don't even like my cokes cold.
    Not the old ones, man. The easily obtained midshelfers, so long as they are higher proof, are great on the rocks for me.

Virtuoso

Knob Creek, WT101, Ritt, HH6, OGD BIB, VOB BIB. Pretty much anything under $30 and around 100 proof is nice with ice.

Enthusiast

When I'm home and want to manage my intake, I drink over ice. When I am out and want to pace myself, I drink over ice. FRSB works very well over ice, especially a lot of it (the FRSB that is...). WTRB, OGD 114 and plenty of others work well also.

Guru

Weather's too cold to pour anything over ice so I'm doing without any.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Guru

Ive gotten to where I dont put ice in anything anymore. sodas I'll drink cold, but no ice. Tea can be warm, hot, ambient, or cold, but no ice.

I started drinking bourbon neat, so that's just what I got used to. I really dont want it cold, or diluted with ice. I imagine how you started with bourbon will lend a preference to how you prefer it today.

Connoisseur

Oh, jebus! "No, no more soup for you!"

...but I don't put ice in anything. Water yes, ice no. I don't even like my cokes cold.
    Ok my fellow Bayou City member..grilling in July on a typical 94 degree day with a heat index of 110 and still no ice?? I definitely have some ice in the summer when grilling...

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by weller_tex View Post
    Ok my fellow Bayou City member..grilling in July on a typical 94 degree day with a heat index of 110 and still no ice?? I definitely have some ice in the summer when grilling...
    This was more what I was saying. Most spring, summer or fall days when I'm having fun I put some turkey on ice and love life. At home at the end of the night, I opt for neat 90% of the time, especially if I'm having only one

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by weller_tex View Post
    Where the H do you live that it's only 94 in July? Try 100+, lol. Seriously though, I really don't like it with ice. It's the way I started drinking it I guess. If it's BBQ time then I'm usually drinking some beer. St. Arnold works nicely...
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bingstein View Post
    This was more what I was saying. Most spring, summer or fall days when I'm having fun I put some turkey on ice and love life. At home at the end of the night, I opt for neat 90% of the time, especially if I'm having only one
    Just messing with you. The reason I said that is because the older WTRB drink very well right out of the bottle (to me.) Then again, I like OWA straight out of the bottle.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Connoisseur

Just messing with you. The reason I said that is because the older WTRB drink very well right out of the bottle (to me.) Then again, I like OWA straight out of the bottle.
    I have a picture on my phone from 2012 when I got my first bottle of Pappy 20 where I was puffing out my chest about my find with 2 huge ice cubes in it. Jesus. I've gotten to the point where I drink all the stuff I can't walk into Liquor Barn and buy right now neat. But boy oh boy do I love a slushy WT or RB on a hot day.

As for OWA, I have come to the point where I reach for it over the VW line on my shelf and not because I want to conserve VW. It's age (7 yr version of course) and proof combo tickles me just right.