Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redbreast 21?

Guru

Redbreast 21?

Pulling from the FR thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Has anybody seen the Redbreast 21 for sale in the US yet? I have seen reports that it will be crossing the pond soon if it hasn't already but I haven't seen any sign of it yet.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Connoisseur

Re: Redbreast 21?

With the 15 at $70-75, I'm not sure that I want to know what it will cost, but I would sure like to taste it.
    Tequila Tourist - Blog & Reviews
    Tequila Tourist on Facebook

There's the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    With the 15 at $70-75, I'm not sure that I want to know what it will cost, but I would sure like to taste it.
    Estimates I have seen are in the $180-200 range which is what Whisky Advocate notes in their blog. Painful but I will probably get one to try if I can find it.

Same with Red Spot if I can find it. Of course neither of the other Spots has made it here yet so I won't be holding my breathe for a quick release of the Red Spot in the US.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Connoisseur

I enjoy the 12 and the 12 Cask Strength, but the 15 while good wasn't in my opinion as favorable to me as the 12 yr offerings. I'd have a hard time swallowing a buck eighty on the 21 year. That being said, I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know if I see one.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by petrel800 View Post
    I enjoy the 12 and the 12 Cask Strength, but the 15 while good wasn't in my opinion as favorable to me as the 12 yr offerings. I'd have a hard time swallowing a buck eighty on the 21 year. That being said, I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know if I see one.
    +1 - the 12 CS is tremendous - I've only had one pour of the 15 and I liked it, but remember thinking it lost something to the 12. But it was splitting hairs - the 12 is just fabulous, so I guess the 15 is just excellent!
    Mark

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sutton View Post
    +1 - the 12 CS is tremendous - I've only had one pour of the 15 and I liked it, but remember thinking it lost something to the 12. But it was splitting hairs - the 12 is just fabulous, so I guess the 15 is just excellent!
    Agreed, I actually had to reread what I wrote 3 times to make sure it didn't sound like I was denigrating the 15 year. It's really good, I just really really think both the 12 year offerings are amazing and really enjoy them.

Advanced Taster

I haven't tasted it, but I love the Redbreast 15. Not the most flavorful whiskey in my opinion, but probably the creamiest whiskey I've ever had. I love it!

Advanced Taster

I bought it recently, the 21, that is. To be honest, it's probably one of the best value Redbreasts in Ireland. Not that this means it's great value, but the Green Spot and Redbreast 12 are now around 50 euro. The 21 is far superior to, say, the Midleton Very Rare and the Jameson 18 (two whiskeys that I very much enjoy, though). To my palate, it's just a superb whiskey... assuming you like this style. It has some much older whiskey in it too - some of the stuff they released as a 15 year old Jameson pps at the millennium. It's 27-year-old heavier pot still whiskey.

But they need to reduce the price of their entire premium range, in my opinion.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Pulling from the FR thread:

Has anybody seen the Redbreast 21 for sale in the US yet? I have seen reports that it will be crossing the pond soon if it hasn't already but I haven't seen any sign of it yet.
    I went looking for this yesterday throughout Louisville with no success. Will definitely buy when found unless the price is just totally outrageous.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brockagh View Post
    I bought it recently, the 21, that is. To be honest, it's probably one of the best value Redbreasts in Ireland. Not that this means it's great value, but the Green Spot and Redbreast 12 are now around 50 euro. The 21 is far superior to, say, the Midleton Very Rare and the Jameson 18 (two whiskeys that I very much enjoy, though). To my palate, it's just a superb whiskey... assuming you like this style. It has some much older whiskey in it too - some of the stuff they released as a 15 year old Jameson pps at the millennium. It's 27-year-old heavier pot still whiskey.

But they need to reduce the price of their entire premium range, in my opinion.
    Love the style and just have to find out how to get some!

Would love to see the price decrease for a change but don't see that happening in the near future. Everything has been going up at least 10-20% in recent months it seems. Even the Powers Signature Release that came out recently in the mid $30's appears to have been an error by the local distributor and almost overnight jumped to the low to mid $40's.

Fortunately I got a couple at the earlier price. Binny's is about the cheapest I see now at $39.99. I recommend bunkering a couple if you can!