Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 25

Virtuoso

Re: 25

I just opened an EC12 and I have a WT open too, and between these two bottles EC wins easily. YMMV of course since both of these are known to be fairly variable.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post

My #1 favorite bourbon, with value included (under $25).... is still probably Fighting Cock. For years I thought it must be rot-gut, due to the logo, name, and price. But when I finally gave it a whirl...... WOW, what a value!!! I usually get a great caramel sweetness up front, with the rye kick, that somehow melds back to the sweet range again. I don't think I've ever gotten that sweet-spice-sweet from anything under $50 per bottle.
    it's not one of what he was asking about, but I agree with you on FC. But, you have to be a fan of both the HH profile AND like a good kick that seems higher than the proof point indicates. If you ever find yourself with a pour of HH6BIB and enjoying it but thinking to yourself, "I wish this had a bit more bite to it", grab a FC.

back on topic, its been so long since Ive had either I cant honestly say either way. All I remember is woody for EC12 and typical for WT101

Advanced Taster

I just finished off a WT101 and I have to say I enjoyed it. Not mind blowing but a really good expression of a classic bourbon profile. If a first-timer was curious about what bourbon was like this would be a perfect example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    One whiskey for every ghost.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    it's not one of what he was asking about,
    A) I did open my post with "since we're throwing out random options".

B) I already previously answered his direct question.

So...

Virtuoso

For current bottles my pick would be EC12. If you have access to some older WT101 it would be a toss-up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay